Wall to Walleye in Lake Erie
- Wishing for some good fishing? Stringer, Judy // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p15
Anyone who spent time on Lake Erie in the 1960s can remember horror stories: beaches stacked with mounds of detergent suds, the stench of human and industrial waste, and mile-long rafts of algae. Today, angling in Lake Erie is good, according to those who vie for big fish. The nearly...
- Habitat selection by adult walleye during spawning season in irrigation reservoirs: a patch occupancy modeling approach. Martin, Dustin; Powell, Larkin; Pope, Kevin // Environmental Biology of Fishes;Apr2013, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p429
Recruitment of walleye ( Sander vitreus Mitchill) is limited in irrigation reservoirs of the Republican River basin in southwestern Nebraska. The causal mechanism for this limited recruitment is unknown, but may be related to a lack of suitable spawning habitat. Patch occupancy models were...
- Nipissing walleye take too high. Ford, Ray // Ontario Out of Doors;Mar2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that first nation commercial-fishing quotas and new winter- walleye slot-size restrictions are in store for Lake Nipissing as of March 2004. A sharp increase in the native catch has helped push walleye into the danger zone, but a hefty ice fishing harvest is adding to the...
- Columbia River Walleyes. Johnson, M. D. // Cabela's Outfitter Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p108
The article focuses on monster walleye fishing opportunity at the Maryhill State Park in Columbia River and describes the author's fishing experience in the region. According to the author, the Maryhill State Park is the base for his walleye-fishing ventures. He mentions veteran angler Ed Iman...
- WALLEYES On The Rise. McNally, Bob; Gilmer, Marcus // Fish & Hunt Magazine;Fall2002, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p72
Focuses on the increasing number of walleye fishermen. Appearance of walleye; Habitat of the fish; Techniques in walleye fishing.
- Big time for walleyes. Sternberg, Dick // Outdoor Life;Jun96, Vol. 197 Issue 6, p64
Discusses timing in walleye fishing in the United States. Walleye spawning and binge seasons; Peak of the walleye spawn at different latitudes; Basic strategy for appropriate timing of the activity; Location of the best walleye areas in the United States.
- CONFESSIONS OF a walleye whacker. Galfa, Steve // Ontario Out of Doors;Jul2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p66
Relates experiences of visiting Nightcrawler Willy's, a place providing aids for fishing in Ontario. Description of the place; Services and product offerings; Techniques in catching walleye fishes.
- Walleyes in the Uglies. Gibbs, Jerry // Outdoor Life;Aug2001, Vol. 208 Issue 1, p22
Provides information on fishing for walleyes. Tips in spotting for the best area to fish for walleyes; Technique in bait prepation; Tips in handling weed tangles. INSET: BUILDING A BETTER BEACON.
- Deep Thinking for Walleyes. Sternberg, Dick // Outdoor Life;Nov2002, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p76
Focuses on walleye fishing during the late-fall season. Depth limit in late-fall walleye fishing; Presentation of bait; Factors to consider in choosing a fishing rod. INSETS: A Fishing Tip for Better Hookups;How to Tie a Double Uni-Knot.