A Tool for Meaningful Staff Development
- PRESCRIBING LEARNING. James, Kathryn // Adults Learning;Apr2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the Prescriptions for Learning, a project which aims to provide access to adult learning in Nottingham, England. Effect of learning on health; Role of a learning adviser to increase participation in learning; Information on the project; Learning outcomes of the project.
- Beyond fragments: Adults, motivation and higher education. West, Linden // Studies in the Education of Adults;Oct95, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p133
Explores the motivating factor behind the desire of adults to enter higher education. Route to higher education; Three main psychological approaches to higher education; Education as a means to reconstruct the lives.
- Learning in Depth. Egan, Kieran // Educational Leadership;Nov2008, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p58
The article discusses the promotion of expertise in students. The author discusses a program in which students are assigned a single topic to study throughout their education, allowing them to develop expertise in that field. He suggests that developing expertise can help students recall...
- IMPACT OF THE MOTIVATIONAL LEVEL ON SCHOOL PERFORMANCE: A QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS OF TEACHER'S OPINIONS. MUSTE, DELIA // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Psychologia-Paedagogia;Dec2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p99
In the context of an increasing level of interest expressed in relation to the need to implement new strategies of improving the quality of the educational process, it is considered absolutely necessary to analyze the motivational process itself, as a successful educational approach developed in...
- Assessing Players' Motivations and Learning Strategies Based on their Personality. Felicia, Patrick // Proceedings of the European Conference on Games Based Learning;2010, p87
The objective of this chapter is to provide guidelines for the design of adaptive educational video games, by identifying significant motivational and learning strategies for players. By evaluating the emotions sought by particular subjects, the author provides guidelines to assist game...
- The Withdrawn Child: Strategies That Work. // Educational Leadership;Oct2012, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p22
The article offers strategies for teachers to increase learning motivation in students who are psychologically withdrawn, focusing on the communication of positive messages to motivate learning as well as various teaching methods to increase student engagement such as experiential learning.
- Monthly Review--Audio Courses and More. Smaka, Carolyn // Audiology Online;Jan2013, p1
The article offers updates related to the periodical "Audiology Online" as of January 2013. The periodical has expanded its continuing education unit (CEU) course offerings to include audio courses, available for download from its website. It has partnered with the American Auditory Society for...
- Is adult learning demanding enough? HUGHES, DAVID // Adults Learning;Autumn2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p4
The author discusses his six demands that should be included in the new adult learning strategy in Great Britain. He proposes to provide a framework for all learning types, to have a strategy that promotes and encourages adults to be lifelong learners and to put more emphasis on learning instead...
- Correctional Education from the Perspective of the Prisoner Student. Hall, Renee Smiling; Killacky, Jim // Journal of Correctional Education;Dec2008, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p301
The article discusses a study which examined prisoners' perceptions of adult education. Findings showed that success has a distinct meaning and achievement path which goes beyond the acquisition of a job that pays the bills. The perceptions of success influence study habits and their motivation...