RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
The article provides an overview of the political, economic and business risks in Latvia. The inclusion of the nationalist-leaning For Fatherland and Freedom/LNNK in the three-party government has irked the country's large ethnic-Russian population and Russia's ambassador to Latvia has warned a...
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p11
Presents updates on political and economic risks in Latvia in 2005. Resignation of Interior Minister Eriks Jekabsons of the Latvia First Party in October 2005; Increase in commercial banks that offer loans to residents; Increase in construction costs in the country for the third quarter of 2005.
- Country Risk Summary: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, Ukraine & Baltics;Jan2005, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p7
The article presents a country risk summary for Latvia as of January 2005. It reports that the country's short-term political rating remained steady in December 2004. The factors that will have an impact on economic development are mentioned. An overview of the market condition for businesses...
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article presents an overview of the political, economic and business risks for Latvia in 2012, including the possible adverse impact of the development of the Russian port of Ust-Luga to the operation of the Port of Ventspils in Latvia.
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article presents economic and political risk assessment for Latvia for 2007 and 2008. The country receives a political risk rating of 84.8. The possibility that the disagreement over presidential nomination will cause political instability is minimal. Annual inflation rate for 2007 is...
- Latvia. // International Country Risk Guide Annual: Latvia;2012, p87
The article presents a country risk analysis for Latvia for year 2012. The assessment provides the country's political, financial, economic and composite risk ratings. It offers a commentary on key events, political challenges and policy implications facing the country, including the impact of...
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p11
The article discusses political and economic risks related to Latvia. Latvia's health care system is woefully underfunded by EU standards, and the government identified solving the healthcare crisis as its main priority when it took office last December. The nation's central bank has expressed...
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2009, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p12
The article presents the risk summary of Latvia in terms of political, economic and business environment. It states that the intra-coalition stability is at risk if the parliament would fail to approve the government's proposed 2010 budget. It mentions the suspension of Dzintars Jakans, head of...
- Country Risk Summary: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, CIS & Baltics Monitor;Nov2002, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p11
Summarizes various risks facing Latvia as of November 2002. Impact of the formation of a possible coalition government on its powers to check corruption in the country; Economic risks facing the country; Progress of privatization and restructuring in the country.