RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
This article focuses on the risk factors in different sectors of Slovakia. In a sharp turnaround from the last elections in 2002, the incumbent governmentï¿½and investorsï¿½have more to fear from the populist opposition Smer party than from former authoritarian premier Vladimir Meciar's...
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
The article offers a look at the political, economic and business risks in Slovakia. Local elections to be held on December 2, 2006 may provide mixed clues as to the relative standing of Slovakia's political parties. The country's short-term political rating remains at 66 in January 2007....
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p8
Presents updates on political and economic risks in Slovakia in 2005. Appointment of Jirko Malcharek as economy minister of the country in October 2005; Efforts of the Slovak authorities to pursue structural economic and business environment reform; Approval of a set of incentives rules for...
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article presents an overview of the political, economic and business risks for Slovakia for 2012, including the anticipated decline of the country's exports to the eurozone due to region's recessionary future.
- Slovak Republic: Country Forecast: Highlights. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2003, p3
Forecasts the state of politics and economics in the Slovak Republic as of October 2002. Regimes and their probabilities; Risk to international businesses; Key economic forecasts; Contribution of political reforms to competitiveness.
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
This section offers news briefs related to the economy of Slovakia, as of September 2008. The positive outlook for the political risk profile of Slovakia is due to a stable majority government, European Union policy anchors and a developed liberal democratic political system. The long-term...
- Country Reports: Slovakia. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Sep2014, p1
The article focuses on the political and economic condition in Slovakia as of September 1, 2014 with information on the five-year outlook. Topics include moderate growth of the economy, fiscal policy, and the "post-consolidation" programme of the ruling party Direction-Social Democracy. Also...
- Chronology of recent events 1998-99. // OECD Economic Surveys: Slovak Republic;Mar1999, Vol. 1999 Issue 8, p135
Presents a calendar of political, economic and social events in Slovakia from January 1998 to January 1999. Action taken by the Parliament when it failed to reach the two-thirds majority to appoint a successor to the Slovak president; Number of deaths caused by flooding in northeastern Slovakia...
- INTRODUCTION. // Slovakia Country Profile;2007, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the current internal and external political situation in Slovakia and another on the nation's economic background, performance and major trading partners.