Time Running Out For Polish And US Defence Negotiators
- Security Initiatives Temper Russian Relations. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p5
The article provides a political outlook for Poland in 2008. Business Monitor International (BMI) believes that with an agreement over the U.S. proposed missile base looking increasingly likely to come to fruition, the country will continue to develop its presence in international security...
- Report on new N. Korea missile lines backs Gates' warning of 'direct threat' to U.S. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;8/24/2011, p4
The article focuses on a report, according to which North Korea is expanding its long-range missile facilities that is a threat to the U.S. The report reveals six new annexes at an engine test site some 500 meters from the missile plant. It also mentions that North Korea deploys 120 Scud...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2008 3rd Quarter, p6
The article reports on the political outlook of Poland for the third quarter of 2008, including information on the country's political system as well as its foreign relations policy with European neighbors.
- NATO'S MISSILE SYSTEM AND RUSSIA. Özdal, Habibe // USAK Yearbook of International Politics & Law;2011, Vol. 4, p337
The article discusses the issue involving North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and Russia which concerns NATO's decisions at the summit in Lisbon, Portugal. It is inferred that NATO intends to build a missile defense system in Europe and the alliance is expected to decide on the project to...
- China hints a missile removal offer following economic pact with Taiwan. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;8/4/2010, p3
The article reports on the willingness of China to remove its short- and medium-range missiles targeting in Taiwan. The likelihood to remove missiles is part of an effort to build a framework for peaceful development. President Ma Ying-Jeou of Taiwan calls China to pull back the missiles...
- chapter 4: Special Report. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2010 2nd Quarter, p31
The article presents the forecast of political risks in Poland from 2010 to 2019, along with various charts depicting the major leadership succession in several countries within the years, the nations at risk of major political upheaval and interstate conflict.
- Cuban Maneuvers. // America;11/17/1962, Vol. 107 Issue 33, p1086
The author reflects on the U.S.-Soviet Russia agreement on Cuba. He stresses that the agreement was tightly locked in the indirect mind of the Cuban dictator as well as the indirect recesses of the Kremlin. Citing the refusal of Fidel Castro to permit on-site inspection of Soviet missile bases,...
- One Place Where Secrecy is Vital. Alsop, Stewart // Saturday Evening Post;5/30/1959, Vol. 231 Issue 48, p10
Focuses on the need of the U.S. government to maintain secrecy about their missile bases. Information about an informal conversation between an American technician and his Russian opposite number regarding missile bases of their countries; Reference to the publicity given to the proposed sites...
- Poland: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2005, p11
Analyzes conditions in Poland as of January 2004. Comment and analysis on domestic issues; Political situation; International relations.