Risks To the Upside For Rates
- Currency Forecasts. // Hungary Tourism Report;Q2 2010, p45
The article presents economic forecasts for Hungary. The country's currency, forint (HUF), traded at 297.72 per euro on April 8, 2009. Big Mac Index predicted that despite its early 2009 progress, Hungary would suffer the worst downturn among the Central and Eastern European countries in 2009...
- Forint To Hit New Lows In 2009. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/19/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p17
The article provides an economic forecast for Hungary through 2010. Analysts have anticipated a further depreciation of the Hungarian forint despite a modest recovery in the economy of the country in the final two months of 2008. They expect the country to fall further into recession in 2009,...
- Hungary. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec98, Vol. 1998 Issue 2, p88
Forecasts economic developments in Hungary for 1999 and 2000. Surge in domestic demand in early 1998; Projections for the rapid increase of gross domestic product (GDP); Export growth; Impact of the turmoil in financial markets surrounding the Russian collapse; Influence of international...
- EBRD raises Hungary GDP projection. // Hungary A.M.;11/12/2013, p3
The article reports that the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is eyeing a 1.2 gross domestic product growth in Hungary in 2014 based on a report published in November 11, 2013, up from 0.9 percent in a projection released in May 2013.
- Hungary: New Year, Fresh Budgetary Prospects? // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/15/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p19
The article presents an outlook on the performance of the Hungarian economy as of January 2007. Analysts are optimistic that 2007 will be a better year after five years of budget overshoots by the Hungarian Socialist government. They reveal that a decline in fiscal deficit from 10 percent of...
- Analysts: GDP growth of 2.5% to 3% for 2014. // Hungary A.M.;5/16/2014, p1
The article presents the forecast by economic market analysts on the growth of gross domestic products (GDP) of Hungary in 2014.
- Convergence Program figures GDP growth at 3%, deficit at 1.9% for 2017. // Hungary A.M.;5/5/2014, p3
The article forecasts Hungary's gross domestic product and fiscal deficit in 2017, based on projections in the Hungary's updated Convergence Program presented by National Economy Minister MihÃ¡ly Varga in 2014.
- A Weak Economy. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p2
The article presents an economic outlook for Hungary in 2007. The country reported only 1.4 percent year-on-year real gross domestic product (GDP) growth in the second quarter of 2007. Its economic condition is forecasted to continue to decline slowly, despite a 15 percent estimated increase in...
- City upgrades Hungary growth forecast on robust auto sector and policy stimulus. // Hungary A.M.;11/11/2013, p6
The article reports on the announcement by JP Morgan that it had upgraded its forecast for the gross domestic product (GDP) growth of Hungary on the back of a robust automobile sector as well as fiscal and monetary easing.