Laurence Seegers: New York, New York
- MARKETPLACE. Benesh, Carolyn // Ornament;Jun83, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p39
The article reports on the current market condition of jewelry production. To this, insights from one of the First Prize winners of the 1st Ornament Competition, Laurence Seegers, were obtained. Seegers is a graduate of architecture from the Rhode Island School of Design where he also underwent...
- JEWELRY'S TOUGH SIDE. Murphy, Robert // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/20/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 82, WWD Jewelry & Watches p13
Reports that some fine jewelry designers are expanding their style and are finding inspiration in tougher stuff like guns, music and erotic toys.
- `Jewelry capital' sees life. Parr, Karen // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/23/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 54, p13
Reports on the status of the jewelry industry in Providence, Rhode Island. Complaints of jewelry sales representatives against fashion magazines; Factors for the shrinkage of the industry in Providence; Expectations for the year 1998.
- Ten Tips To Rule Your Bridal Market. Heebner, Jennifer // JCK;Feb2003, Vol. 174 Issue 2, p94
Provides tips for jewelers in bridal business. Experiment with sales of products that complement with bridal jewelry; Factors to consider in the promotion of jewelry brands; Need to educate the customers on the types of jewelry.
- Creating the "Signature" Collection. // India -- West;10/15/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 47, pC9
The article offers information on the jewelry collection Signature from the Limites Edition Series by Hazoorilal Jewellers.
- ASIAN TORQUES. Liu, Robert K. // Ornament;Summer2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p50
Features the torques metal pieces in Asia. Prohibition on jewelrymaking in China during the Cultural Revolution; Variations in jewelry design according to enthnographic background; Origin of the twisted Dong torques.
- MIDWEST. // JCK;Apr2010, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the closure of Dom's Jewelers on its business operations in Saint Cloud, Minnesota.
- JCK NYC INVITATIONAL PREVIEW. // JCK;Mar2006, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p116
The article presents several jewelers that participated in the JCK NYC Invitational Show 2006 in New York City. It offers information about the retail prices and the characteristics of their products at the show. The author also provides the contact information, photographs, and the historical...
- BRAZILIAN DESIGNERS Find Their Place in the World. Soucy, Carrie // JCK;Jun2002, Vol. 173 Issue 6, p110
Focuses on the jewelers in Brazil. Creativity in making jewelry designs; Interest in making innovative designs; Initiative to indulge in the international fashion of jewelry making. INSETS: JEWELER TO THE STARS;A FOCUS ON ORIGINALITY;CROSS-BRANDING.