Six days in the delta
- Medical Service in Cambodia. Yim Don Choi; Yong Bae Kim // Archives of Plastic Surgery;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p270
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of participating in Korean Community Medical Service (KCSC)'s medical mission in Cambodia.
- Darfur: truck ride. Van Rijn, Maaike // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/12/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 4, p318
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being on a medical frontier in the mountains of South Darfur, Sudan.
- Reflections on My Medical Mission to Laos. Williams, Joan // Podiatry Management;Mar2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p141
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of serving on a medical surgical mission in Laos.
- From Vietnam to Alabama. Chandler, Jerome Greer // America;11/1/1980, Vol. 143 Issue 13, p270
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience being in a medical mission with the 101st Airborne at the Birmingham's Catholic Services Center in Alabama.
- Nursing in Peru. Abram, Helen // Practice Nurse;8/18/2006, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p36
The article talks about the author's experience when she went to Peru. She works as a nurse and went to Peru for a medical mission. The village they visited have friendly people. They set up a reception where people can register for worming tablets and malaria tests. She advised these people...
- CAOMS President's Message. Morrison, Archie // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Jul2006, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p515
The article discusses the author's experience as a volunteer to the charity surgery missions in Vietnam. He has been a member of a Canadian group that has gone to Vietnam for the past couple of years to perform cleft lip and palate surgery on babies, children and adolescents. The surgery charity...
- India: A pharmacist's medical mission. David A. Wells // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/1/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 21, p2048
The article discusses the author's experience of being part of a medical mission in India. The medical mission team was composed of pharmacists, counselors, missionaries, and a teacher. They stayed in India for eight days before traveling southwest to Lonavala and Pune. The author recounts that...
- The right place & time. Grela, Tracey // Healthcare Traveler;Feb2007, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p36
This article presents a narrative the author's experiences with healthcare travel. The author worked for many years as a nurse in Baltimore, Maryland before hearing about healthcare travel. Her adventure started in Wilmington, North Carolina, at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. The author...
- A Personal Mission. Liu, Leona // Teen Ink;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p34
The author recounts an experience accompanying her mother who is a physician to home visits in the impoverished villages of North Africa. Traveling with her mother to deliver health care to the local people provided her a chance to gain insight into the culture, people and customs of the areas....