Immigrant workers flood training program
- LETTERS. Moghadasi, Michael; Beville, John K.; Maurer, Edward E.; Castagna, Michael; Hjortnaes, Dave // Drug Topics;1/9/2006, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p11
Several letters to the editor in response to the article regarding the national pharmacist licensure program in the U.S. in the November 21, 2005 issue are presented.
- The Non-Physician Remedy to the Physician Shortage. Hemphill, Thomas A.; Knesek, Gerald // Regulation;Summer2015, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p2
The article discusses a potential solution to the possible shortage in doctors in the U.S. Topics covered include the elimination of laws limiting the practice of physicians to a certain state. Also mentioned is the need for allowing nurse practitioners and physician assistants to practice with...
- NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION SCHEME FOR HEALTH PRACTITIONERS. KHOURY, RAYMOND // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p235
The article offers information on the National Professional Registration Scheme for health practitioners created by the Council of Australian Governments. The new scheme applies to nurses, midwives, pharmacists, physiotherapists, psychologists, osteopaths, chiropractors, optometrists and...
- The Other End of the Stethoscope. Inlander, Charles B. // Nursing Economic$;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p31
Last September the long awaited National Practitioner Data Bank finally became operational. Now every malpractice judgment, settlement, state medical licensing board action and hospital disciplinary action taken against a physician is reported to a single federal entity. The information in the...
- Oklahoma Board of Nursing Summary of FY 2005 Annual Report. // Oklahoma Nurse;Jun-Aug2006, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p11
Focuses on the 2005 annual report of the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. Statistics on the National Council Licensure Examination for registered nurses and licensed practical nurses; Areas of advanced practice nursing included in the revision of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act; Information on...
- Locating a state nursing board. // RN;2000 CareerSearch, p5
A list of state nursing boards in the U.S. is presented which includes the State Board Nursing of Arkansas, the Board of Registered Nursing of California and the Board of Registration in Nursing of Massachusetts.
- Million dollar MD loses Ontario licence. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/27/99, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p123
Mentions the case of a physician who was investigated by Ontario's Medical Review Committee. Why he lost his license to practice in the province; Why he cannot be identified.
- Licensure -- Effects on Career Mobility. Egelston, E. Martin // American Journal of Public Health;Jan1972, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p50
Health manpower is a major factor in the provision of health care. Licensure of personnel is not the only factor affecting the main problems of health manpower but it has an influence on very many aspects (wages and working conditions, educational requirements, administrative and organizational...
- Countdown to Grandfathering Expiration Date. // O&P Almanac;Sep2014, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p64
The article presents questions and answers including what is a business associate (BA) and how to determine whether people, companies, and organizations are considered BAs.