PEOPLE AND POSTS
- My HR skills got me the job as CEO. JEFFERY, ROBERT // People Management;Nov2015, p24
The article discusses Gordon Milligan's promotion from director of Human Resources (HR) and Occupational Development (OD) to interim chief executive officer (CEO) of the bus and train operator Translink. Topics include the application of his HR skills in talent management, succession planning,...
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;6/10/2008, p34
The article announces that Lucy Calver has been appointed as group HR director at Catties, Mark Dickinson has been appointed HR business partner at Groupama Insurances, and Michael Doolin has been appointed as HR director at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
- New chief at Spiegel Catalog. // Home Textiles Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p1
Reports the promotion of Melissa Payner as president and chief executive officer of Spiegel Catalog in Illinois.
- SCALING DIZZY HEIGHTS. Ball, Sarah // Employee Benefits;Apr2003, p28
Explores the roles of benefits or personnel directors in the boardroom. Non-executive roles of benefits directors; Findings of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development's report concerning the extent of chief executive officers' (CEOS) knowledge of, and believe in, the role of progressive...
- What Do HR Executives Want from CEOs? Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Dec1998, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p92
Investigates the demands and expectations of human resources (HR) executives from their chief executive officers (CEO) in the United States. Expansion of HR executives' roles; Support needed by HR executives from CEOs; Access of HR executives to CEOs' offices; Value of empowerment.
- Teamwork: Crucial link between CEO and personnel director. Gilroy, Edwin B. // Management Review;Nov79, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p30
Discusses the importance of teamwork as a crucial link between chief executive officer (CEO) and personnel director. Role that CEO and personnel director must share for profitable cooperation; Adaptation of CEO and personnel directors to social and personal values emerging in the firm and...
- Permanent job vacancy growth at 25-month low. // Recruiter (Online Edition);12/7/2011, p1
The article reports on the increase in temporary jobs in Europe in November 2011. As per the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) of Europe, the growth of permanent job vacancies declined for the last 25 months in the region. As per Kevin Green, chief executive officer (CEO) of the...
- Competition welcomed as REC turns a profit. // Design Week (Online Edition);6/30/2011, p6
The article presents information on the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) of Great Britain that has earned a significant amount of profit in the year 2010 as compared to year 2009. As per Kevin Green, chief executive officer of REC, the reduced costs and higher revenues led to this...
- HR Takes on International Crime. Gerbman, Russell V. // HR Magazine;Jun99, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p46
Discusses the security programs of human resources professionals for their chief executive officers (CEO) and other high-level executives who travel to other countries. Risk assessment and information on the specific place where the CEO will be visiting; Training of executives on how to protect...