Why we all want to grow towards the sun
- DOT-COM FALLOUT. Meade, Jim // HR Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p86
Focuses on the failure of the human resource (HR) software industry in the United States in 2001. Trends among HR software companies; Impact of the mergers on customers; Pieces of advice in selecting vendors of HR software solutions.
- IBM Enhances SmartCloud Platform, Adds Customers. // CIO Insight;5/18/2012, p1
The article reports that the computer hardware and software manufacturer and consulting services International Business Machines (IBM) Corp. has enhanced its SmartCloud computing solution wherein it develops enterprise applications more efficient and enable mobile workforces. It states that the...
- The Decline and Fall of High-Tech Corporate Culture. Ross, Nancy // IEEE Software;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p12
Offers a look at the factors that caused the employees of software development companies to be discontented with their jobs. Impact of the relationship with boss and coworkers on employees' decision to change companies; Reason for employees' short-term employment thinking; How to create a...
- Editorial. // Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers;Apr-Jun2013, Vol. 38 Issue 2, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including culture in mergers and acquisitions, computer software professionals and the role of human resource (HR) management in healthcare organizations.
- Debunking the myths surrounding ASPs. Amore, Sam // Employee Benefit News;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p24
Provides information on the myths surrounding application service providers (ASP). Use of ASP by personnel managers; Benefits of using ASP for non-core applications; Guidelines in using ASP.
- HR software link/print & online buyers' guide. // Workforce (10928332);Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p81
Presents a resource guide for human resources management software. Includes vendor name; Description of the software; Hardware specifications.
- 4 questions you need to ask your team. // Executive Leadership;Jan2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p1
The article offers four questions that leaders ask their colleagues including the point of activity, identifying options and consequences of wrong assumptions, adapted from the book "Rules of Thumb: 52 Truths for Winning at Business Without Losing Your Self" by Alan M. Webber.
- INSURANCE. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/6/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p4
The article reports on the partnership between human resource software provider BambooHR and online quoting and health insurance enrollment solution eHealthApp.
- The Graying of the Channel. Scott, Robert W. // Accounting Technology;Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p6
The author reflects on the decrease in number of new people who are coming into the accounting software reselling business in the U.S. In early 1980s, it was comparatively easy to start a software reselling business. Often, people got into it by accident and had an accounting background....