Revised Acas code on dispute procedures offers few concessions
- IN FOCUS. // Employers Law;Jun2008, p9
The article reports on the publication of a draft code of practice on discipline and grievance by the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas), which anticipates changes in employment law due in April 2009. Under the proposals, a failure to follow the code will not, in itself, mean...
- Formal disciplinary procedures and conflict resolution remedies: Availability and the effects of... Daley, Dennis M. // Public Personnel Management;Spring93, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p153
Focuses on the grievance and discipline practices in North Carolina municipal governments. Negative view of employee organizations; Role of personnel management in organizational effectiveness; Great store placed by employees on perceived fairness of grievance and discipline procedures;...
- Standards of Arbitration in Police Discipline and Discharge Cases. Weisbord, Ellen S. // Labor Studies Journal;Spring95, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p64
Examines standards of arbitration applied by arbitrators in appeals concerning the discharge and discipline of police officers. Question of differential application of standards; Decisions in which penalties were reduced or revoked; Decisions in which grievances were denied.
- How to: avoid employee grievances. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/28/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4629, p44
The article presents tips for employers on how to avoid employee grievances.
- grievance gripes. Cooper, Natalie // Employers Law;Sep2007, p31
This article focuses on a case which involved the grievance claim filed by an employee who was dismissed into his probationary period because of failing to perform well in his job. He has claimed unfair dismissal and race discrimination. The basis of his claims were so spurious and flimsy. He...
- Dealing with disputes. Hopps, Ben // Commercial Motor;6/12/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5284, p32
The article discusses the importance of disciplinary and grievance procedure in the work place and offers suggestions on managing disputes between employers and employees. It presents three important areas that need to be considered when grievances are raised and explains the appropriate legal...
- Untitled. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;9/9/2008, p49
The article reports on the use of the free Job Evaluation booklet launched by employment relations service Acas in Great Britain. The booklet which will help employers in reducing their exposure during job evaluation contains the benefits and risks in undertaking the assessment for saving...
- A formal employee complaint procedure. Panken, Peter M. // Management Review;Jan84, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p42
Discusses the advantages of establishing a formal employee complaint procedure in companies. Ways by which conflict arise in the workplace; Costs of conflict resolution; Goals of a formal problem-solving or grievance procedure.
- `It's not my fault.' `Mine either'. Dreyfack, Raymond // Plant Engineering;11/18/93, Vol. 47 Issue 18, p64
Discusses the legality of the imposition of discipline against the employees under a grievance arbitration. Sample case.