Management in formation
- G.I.JOE to GQ. AMBER BRUGNOLI, L. // Reporter;2015, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p55
The article offers tips for military personnel to market their military experience to civilian employers. It suggests to highlight the leadership experiences and skills on the resume, but be prepared in defending each word if a potential employer doubt the accomplishments. It recommends to...
- Where are tomorrow's managers? Kaufman, Lawrence H // Railway Age;May2007, Vol. 208 Issue 5, p24
The author comments on the leadership trends in the railroad industry. According to him, future railroad executives will come from the military sector. He believes that junior military officers have the skills relevant to railroad operations and management. He notes that the new breed of...
- Hiring military veterans is good business strategy. Whitmore, Bill // Inside Tucson Business;11/8/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p29
In this article the author discusses the positive impact of hiring military veterans on businesses, where he cited that veterans can enhance organization's productivity with identifiable skills that can be transferred to the business world.
- Leader Development and Talent Management. Odierno, Raymond T. // Military Review;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses talent management and leader development. Topics discussed include U.S. Army, security challenges and leadership in army. Other topics such as Army Leadership Foundation, Army Leader Development Strategy in U.S. and leader exchange events in U.S. Army are also discussed....
- Remainders for Leading Civilians. Vandroff, Mark // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Mar2005, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p96
The article presents suggestions for naval officers about leading civilians. The nature of the relationship between leader and follower is different for civilians. Military leadership is covenantal. The covenant of service encompasses a military person's entire life. Leading a civilian is...
- Inspiring soldiers to do better than their best. Skelton, Ike // Military Review;Jan/Feb1996, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on how leaders can inspire soldiers. Meeting the leadership challenge through intelligence and professional competence; Civil war; Intermediate command.
- Military and CMI in joint operation. // Personnel Today;3/9/2004, p4
The British Army is to offer soldiers command, leadership and management training courses that will be recognised by civilian employers. Up to 7,500 personnel a year will benefit under a new partnership with the Chartered Management Institute. Soldiers will be able to undertake more than 30...
- Centrica HR chief calls for firms to support reservists. Vorster, Gareth // Personnel Today;4/8/2008, p26
The article reports that a leading employer of reservists has appealed to fellow human resource (HR) professionals to fully support workers serving with the Territorial Army (TA). The plea follows concerns that some TA soldiers are reluctant to tell their employer of their duties as reservists...
- Hiring vets made easier. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;7/1/95, Vol. 3 Issue 13, p8
Advises `PHC Profit Report' subscribers who are participating in the US Armed Forces' `DORS' job placement program to contact the Family Support Center in military bases in their areas. Drawbacks of the program.