In case of emergency
- Aid agency merger will help improve humanitarian efforts around the world. // Personnel Today;4/22/2003, p3
Reports on the merger between health professionals specialist International Health Exchange and RedR, which concentrates on engineers, logisticians and managers. Provision of work in humanitarian emergencies such as Iraq; Emphasis of the merger on recruitment needs; Recruitment of engineers and...
- Keeping NGOs Safe and Sound. MacKinnon, Neil // Journal of International Peace Operations;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p31
The article reports on the adaptation security procedures by the relief agencies and non-governmental organizations to ensure safety in service worldwide. The humanitarian workers are facing dangers never before experienced from insurgency-based conflicts, civil wars, terrorism and the chaos of...
- Military exercise 30th in a series. // Filipino Reporter;4/25/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p3
The article reports the scheduled 30th Balikatan military exercises between Filipino and American troops to be held in the Philippines in May 2014, including the conduct of humanitarian projects in the country.
- N.H. non-profit helps improve Afghan's lives. Kibbe, Cindy // New Hampshire Business Review;1/24/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the effort of the non-profit organizations Rubia and the Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs in providing livelihood for women in Afghanistan. Challenges faced by the organizations; Improvement of basic health care for women; Assistance provided for Afghan refugees.
- A career without frontiers. Rosser, Meriel // Accountancy;Dec2005, Vol. 136 Issue 1348, p128
The article relates the experience of Meriel Rosser while working as a project coordinator of the humanitarian aid agency MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) in Darfur, Sudan. Rosser resigned from her accountancy job at KPMG to work for MSF. She was the project coordinator of MFS in Darfur...
- Improvements for international medicine donations: a review of the World Health Organization Guidelines for Medicine Donations, 3rd edition. Cañigueral-Vila, Nuria; Chen, Jennifer C.; Frenkel-Rorden, Lindsey; Laing, Richard // Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy & Practice;10/19/2015, Vol. 8, p1
Some humanitarian and development organizations respond to major natural disasters and emergencies by donating medicines. Many provide medicines on a routine basis to support health systems, particularly those run by Faith-Based Organizations. Although such donations can provide essential...
- Turkey's AFAD to propose intl body for sustainable aid. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;5/23/2016, p1
The article offers information on the World Humanitarian Summit to be held in Istanbul, Turkey in which Prime Ministry Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD) of Turkey plans to push for the creation of an international organization for sustainable aid.
- A Catalyst for Inter-American Soldarity and Opportunity. // Americas;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p52
The article reports that the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) has provided assistance to people in the Americas through humanitarian aid, integral development, and strengthening civil society. It contracted Miyamoto International to train Haitian structural engineers under the...
- Pounds on the ground. Ryan, Nick // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug2000, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p72
Describes the operations of several charity and non-governmental organizations. Oxfam International; CARE International UK; CAFOD.