GALLAHER DRAWS DEEPLY ON STAFF TALENT WITH BIGGER BONUS SCHEME
- Open plan. Carter, Caroline; Sandison, Kate // Lawyer;6/23/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 25, pE10
Focuses on the employer's right to retain a significant degree of discretion in the area of staff benefits or bonuses in Great Britain. Effect of the Employment Appeals Tribunal's decision in the Barton v. Investec Henderson Crosthwaite Securities Ltd.; Importance of including equal...
- Pop-Top Bonuses. // Government Executive;Jul2000, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the United States Commerce Department's boosting of on-the-spot bonuses for its employees. Positive response of federal employees to a recognition and rewards program that is based on merit.
- INDICATOR. // People Management;9/6/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p102
The article deals with the indicators of people management in Great Britain. The unemployment rate was 5.4 percent in the three months to June 2007, down 0.2 of a percentage point on the quarter and down 0.1 of a percentage point over the year. Average earnings excluding bonus payments increased...
- Bonuses widen pay inequality. // People Management;12/26/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p7
Reports that the trend towards employers paying more bonuses as part of total earnings is a key factor in the widening of the gender pay gap in 2002, according to economist John Philpott. Factors affecting the pay gap.
- …in brief. // Personnel Today;3/19/2002, p3
Reports development in personnel management in Great Britain as of March 2000. Schedule of the release of Christmas bonuses for the employees of British Airways; Decline in manufacturing production; Offer of British Broadcasting Cor. of six month paid leave to its employees.
- Investissements immatÃ©riels. // Revue des Sciences de Gestion;ene/feb2006, Issue 217, p13
Presents abstracts of articles on personnel management. "I Shall Demand Justice From the Judiciary System!"; "The Share Bonus: A Way of Involving Employees When the Company Enters on to the Stock Market"; "Lay-Offs and Value Creation: Vivarte Case."
- Just rewards. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Dec1996, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on The Game of Work Inc. president Chuck Coonradt's recommendation of tying holiday bonuses to employee performance measures. Value of tying bonuses with performance for the company; Suggestions for implementing such a bonus scheme.
- Getting Bonuses Down to a Science. Raphael, Todd // Workforce (10928332);Aug2000, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p12
Gives advice on work-related problems. Criteria for developing a bonus program for the corporate staff; Things to do when creating the human resource department in a company; How to measure absenteeism. INSET: Reining in the Take-charge Assistant.
- It starts to add up. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;9/6/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p17
This article focuses on the "2007 Annual and Long-Term Incentives" released by PricewaterhouseCoopers, which revealed that top companies in Great Britain are moving away from basing executive bonus payments purely on financial measures and towards a broader range of activities. One example was...