GALLAHER DRAWS DEEPLY ON STAFF TALENT WITH BIGGER BONUS SCHEME
- Open plan. Carter, Caroline; Sandison, Kate // Lawyer;6/23/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 25, pE10
Focuses on the employer's right to retain a significant degree of discretion in the area of staff benefits or bonuses in Great Britain. Effect of the Employment Appeals Tribunal's decision in the Barton v. Investec Henderson Crosthwaite Securities Ltd.; Importance of including equal...
- Just rewards. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Dec1996, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on The Game of Work Inc. president Chuck Coonradt's recommendation of tying holiday bonuses to employee performance measures. Value of tying bonuses with performance for the company; Suggestions for implementing such a bonus scheme.
- Pop-Top Bonuses. // Government Executive;Jul2000, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the United States Commerce Department's boosting of on-the-spot bonuses for its employees. Positive response of federal employees to a recognition and rewards program that is based on merit.
- Getting Bonuses Down to a Science. Raphael, Todd // Workforce (10928332);Aug2000, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p12
Gives advice on work-related problems. Criteria for developing a bonus program for the corporate staff; Things to do when creating the human resource department in a company; How to measure absenteeism. INSET: Reining in the Take-charge Assistant.
- 'Spot bonus' latest tool in employee reward system. Farber, Philip L. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/30/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 44, p33
Reports on the growing use of spot bonus payouts as a means for employers to retain and motivate its workforce. Forms of spot bonus payouts used by employers; Benefits of using such payouts; Prevalence of spot bonus incentive plans among high-technology companies; Employee categories eligible...
- Make Your Rewards More Rewarding. // OfficePro;Oct2011, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p6
The article offers ways to recognize best employees, as suggested by BNET writer Suzanne Lucas in 2011, including praising employees, providing bonuses, and giving vacation leaves.
- Bonuses widen pay inequality. // People Management;12/26/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p7
Reports that the trend towards employers paying more bonuses as part of total earnings is a key factor in the widening of the gender pay gap in 2002, according to economist John Philpott. Factors affecting the pay gap.
- …in brief. // Personnel Today;3/19/2002, p3
Reports development in personnel management in Great Britain as of March 2000. Schedule of the release of Christmas bonuses for the employees of British Airways; Decline in manufacturing production; Offer of British Broadcasting Cor. of six month paid leave to its employees.
- Investissements immatÃ©riels. // Revue des Sciences de Gestion;ene/feb2006, Issue 217, p13
Presents abstracts of articles on personnel management. "I Shall Demand Justice From the Judiciary System!"; "The Share Bonus: A Way of Involving Employees When the Company Enters on to the Stock Market"; "Lay-Offs and Value Creation: Vivarte Case."