Constructing the future of work beyond age barriers
- Change to female state pension age. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Dec2008, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the proposal of the British Office for National Statistics (ONS) to change the female state pension age from 60 to 65 over a ten-year period from 2010 to 2020. It cites the plan of ONS to discontinue the practice of using the term working age to describe headline...
- Changes to 'working age' headline employment and inactivity rates. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Jun2010, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the decision of the British Office for National Statistics (ONS) to replace the existing working age employment and inactivity rates from the August 2010 edition of the Labour Market statistical bulletin with headline rates based on those aged from 16 to 64 for both men...
- Number of Romanian and Bulgarian workers rise in UK, report. // Regional Today;11/18/2013, p1
The article offers information on the British Daily Express report released by the British Office for National Statistics, which states that a total of 121,000 citizens from Romania and Bulgaria had jobs in Great Britain in October 2013.
- Jobs growth is slowing - but it's not all bad news. // People Management;Aug2015, p7
The article covers information from the British Office for National Statistics (ONS) which reported an increase in overall unemployment, decrease in youth unemployment, and an increase in female employment in the three month period leading to May 2015.
- UK employment hits record high. Brodbeck, Sam // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);12/16/2015, p1
The article reports that Great Britain Office for National Statistics figures show that employment rate hit a record of high of 73.9 per cent between August and October 2015.
- State pension age of 70 is 'inevitable'. SANDS, MARK // Mortgage Strategy;9/9/2015, p6
The article presents a report of the Great Britain's Office for National Statistics on rise in life expectancy from increase in the state pension age to 70 as of September 2015, along with views of consultancy services provider Barnett Waddingham's senior consultant Malcolm McLean for the same.
- Week in NUMBERS. // Mortgage Strategy;9/9/2015, p30
Several statistics are presented related to bridging loan range of mortgage company Keystone, number of members of executive committee elected by the Association of Short Term Lenders & state retirement age predicted by consultants Barnett Waddingham from the Office for National Statistics.
- Jobs densities for local areas: a new indicator. Hastings, David // Labour Market Trends;Aug2003, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p407
Discusses job densities, a local area labor market indicator developed by the Office for National Statistics in Great Britain, as part of the framework for local labor market statistics. Definition of job densities; Annual estimates of job densities; Statistics that comprises the framework for...
- Sources of labour market statistics. // Labour Market Trends;Apr2004 Supplement, Vol. 112, pS2
Identifies the sources of labor market statistics in Great Britain that appeared in the April 2, 2004 issue of "Labour Market Trends." Labour Force Survey; Employer surveys; Data sources recommended by the British Office for National Statistics for different types of analysis of employment,...