Rediscovering the Cultural Treasures of North Korea
- North Korea-South Korea Relations: Waiting for Better. Foster-Carter, Aidan // PacNet Newsletter;9/14/2012, Issue 59, p2
The article discusses the worsening relations between North and South Korea as of September 2012 where both showed very little interaction during previous months, with North Korea getting nastier when engaging in it calls megaphone diplomacy.
- Political Conditions. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // North Korea Country Review;2013, p10
The article focuses on the political unrest and diplomatic isolation suffered by North Korea during the 1990s and explains the less positive path it took in the realm of geopolitics due to events that happened from 2001 onwards especially in its relationships with South Korea.
- SOUTH KOREA STEPS OUT OF THE SUNSHINE. Foster-Carter, Aidan // Newsweek;4/26/2010, Vol. 155 Issue 17, p8
The article examines how the change in attitude toward North Korea by South Korean president Lee Myung-bak has impacted diplomatic relations with North Korea.
- NORTH KOREA GETS COOPERATIVE. Yokota, Takashi // Newsweek;8/9/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that North Korea has shown signs of a greater willingness to negotiate with South Korea over their differences.
- Bright Future for Cultural Exchange between Korea and Germany. Seidt, Hans-Ulrich // Korea Focus;Summer2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p40
The article reviews the exhibition, titled "Korea Rediscovered! Treasures from German Museums," that started on March 25, 2011 at the Museum of East Asian Art in Cologne, Germany and will go to three other German cities until February 17, 2013.
- blue and white Imperial Dragon Jar. // Orientations;Apr2013, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p21
An image of a ceramic blue and white Imperial Dragon Jar from the 18th century in Korea is presented.
- The Asia Society, New York. // Archaeology;Jan/Feb84, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p5
Reviews the exhibition titled "Auspicious Spirits: Korean Folk Paintings and Related Objects," at the Asia Society in New York, through January 22, 1984.
- Pyongyang Tries to Save Face. Yokota, Takashi // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);6/7/2010 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 155 Issue 23, p14
The article discusses attempts by North Korea to reconcile political differences with South Korea, following a North Korean attack on the South Korean warship Cheonan. Topics include an overview of the diplomatic measures taken by North Korean leader Kim Jong-il to resolve inter-Korean conflict,...
- Pyongyang Tries to Save Face. Yokota, Takashi // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);6/7/2010 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 155 Issue 23, p9
The article discusses attempts by North Korea to reconcile political differences with South Korea, following an alleged North Korean attack on the South Korean warship Cheonan. Topics include an overview of the diplomatic measures taken by North Korean leader Kim Jong-il regarding inter-Korean...