Today's Forecast: Air Superiority!
- Omaha-Offutt. Skerritt, Dave // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Dec97, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p2921
Gives information on the Air Force Global Weather Central (AFGWC), which was renamed the Air Force Weather Agency, mentioned during the Chapter company meeting on 16 October 1997. Why it was renamed; Information on the publication of chapter activities; Details on the speaker for the meeting;...
- JOINT POLAR SATELLITE SYSTEM CGS MILESTONE. // Armada International;Jun/Jul2012, Issue 3, p71
The article reports that the information from the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP) has been downloaded by the Raytheon Company's Common Ground System (CGS) and sent to the Air Force Weather Agency (AFWA) in Omaha, Nebraska in 212.
- AIR FORCE SPACE WEATHER. Miner, Timothy H. // Flying Safety;May2002, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the information resources about space weather which are offered by the U.S. Air Force Weather Agency. Effects of solar radiation; Examples of information resources offered by the Agency; Mission of the Agency.
- Statistical Contrail Forecasting. Jackson, Artie; Newton, Brian; Hahn, Doug; Bussey, Allan // Journal of Applied Meteorology;Feb2001, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p269
Deals with the condensation trail (contrail) forecast technique of the United States Air Force Weather Agency. Appleman algorithm; Collection of radiosonde data and aircraft observations from a five-station network; Utilization of logistic regression technique to relate the presence or absence...
- New-Age Weather Knowledge for the Aircrews The Continuing Reengineering of Air Force Weather. Lewis, Fred P. // Flying Safety;May99, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the progress of restructuring the United States Air Force Weather Agency since August, 1996. Goals for the reengineering of Air Force Weather; Two parts of the weather operational support; Business strategy of Air Force Weather Agency; Plans for its people, processes and infrastructure.
- The DTC Ensembles Task. TOLLERUD, EDWARD I.; ETHERTON, BRIAN; TOTH, ZOLTAN; JANKOV, ISIDORA; JENSEN, TARA L.; HUILING YUAN; WHARTON, LINDA S.; MCCASLIN, PAULA T.; MIRVIS, EUGENE; KUO, BILL; BROWN, BARBARA G.; NANCE, LOUISA; KOCH, STEVEN E.; ECKEL, F. ANTHONY // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Mar2013, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p321
The article focuses on the establishment of a facility by the Developmental Testbed Center (DTC) known as DTC Ensemble Task (DET) for testing and evaluation of mesoscale ensembles. The aim of DET is to facilitate the application of research results to operations in mesoscale ensemble prediction....
- Northrop Grumman Awarded $300 Million Contract to Continue Air Force Weather Support. // Sensors;8/22/2014, p30
The article reports on the Systems Engineering, Management and Sustainment III contract awarded to defense contractor Northrop Grumman Corporation for the provision of terrestrial and space environmental information to the U.S. Air Force Weather.
- Improving the accuracy of the AFWA-NASA (ANSA) blended snow-cover product over the Lower Great Lakes region. Hall, D. K.; Foster, J. L.; Kumar, S.; Chien, J. Y. L.; Riggs, G. A. // Hydrology & Earth System Sciences Discussions;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1141
The Air Force Weather Agency (AFWA) -- NASA blended snow-cover product, called ANSA, utilizes Earth Observing System standard snow products from the Moderate-Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) and the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer for EOS (AMSR-E) to map daily snow cover and...
- A Garden Spot. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey. Views of United States Air Force airmen on McGuire; Service as a redistribution terminal for Europe; Construction projects at McGuire.