Around the clock with the E-4B
- UA works on communications for Air Force. Elliott, Robert S. // Inside Tucson Business;9/23/96, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p1
Reports that two departments in the University of Arizona is developing methods to link US Air Force teams scattered across the globe in real time using videoconferencing and group systems. Operational concept document developed by the department of management information systems; Communication...
- AFIT provides satellite learning for military. Westfall, Philip // Communications News;Mar1994, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the Air Force Institute of Technology's (AFIT) development of is own distance learning (DL) satellite-based network. AFIT's first attempt at DL in 1990; Creation of the AFIT Center for Distance Education in February 1992; Collaboration with AT&T for its Defense Commercial...
- Air Force eyes global search communications. J.K. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p9
Reports that US Air Force electronics experts are looking for ways to combine satellite- and line-of-sight radio communications with a global positioning system transceiver in a hand-held unit.
- Hammer ACE. // Flying Safety;Jun96, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the operations of the Hammer ACE, the United States Air Force's special purpose, quick reaction communications unit for disaster relief and emergency operations. Nuclear-related accidents that led to the establishment of the unit; Ability to deploy a three-person team worldwide...
- Satellite dish on wheels. // Popular Mechanics;Aug94, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p22
Features the Lightweight Multiband Satellite Terminal developed by the United States Air Force. Weight; Transportability; Applications.
- Test success for high-frequency communications package. // Interavia Business & Technology;Oct94, Vol. 49 Issue 583, p57
Reports on the success of the United States Air Force's testing of an AN/ARC-190a high-frequency communications equipment supplied by Rockwell Telecommunications' Collins Avionics and Communications Division. Capability of the system's Automatic Link Establishment; Contact information.
- Briefs. // Communications News;Jan1997, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p46
States that the United States Air Force signed a contract for maintenance of telecomm system at Canon Air Force Base in New Mexico. How USAF contracted with Baker Support Services.
- USAF expects JTIDS ruling. Hughes, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/5/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 23, p26
Reports that the US Air Force is expected to terminate its efforts to develop a low-cost Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) terminal and use a version of the US Navy/European Multi-Function Information Distribution System (MIDS) terminal instead on USAF fighter jets. Results...
- Speech recognition breathes new life into operations. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Apr2001, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p20
Discusses the development of speech recognition systems at the Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, which can be integrated into the communication systems of United States airmen while on air warfare missions. Advantages of speech recognition...