Rivet Joint: Recon Ready
- Ready for the Raptor. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2007, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the preparation of the delivery of the Pacific Air Forces' first F-22 Raptor unit at Elemendorf Air Force Base in Alaska. The unit is the Air Force's newest fighter aircraft. It has the ability to integrate with the Air Force aircraft legacy which includes the A-10, F-16...
- Paradise on the Plains. McKenna, Paul // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p26
Describes the experiences of United States Air Force airmen at the Grand Forks Air Base in North Dakota. Remarks from airman Jason McKim; Opinion on the values of the people in the local communities; Suggestion from Master Sergeant Ron Rodriguez to the airmen's spouses.
- AWACS unit reaches major milestone. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun99, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p18
Announces the attainment of operational capability status of the 513th Air Control Group at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma. Readiness to take on an expanded role in national defense; Unit reservists' flying and maintenance of E-3 Sentry aircraft.
- FINAL FRAME. // Airman;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p49
Presents a photograph depicting the activities of the Air Force workers from the 819th and 219th Expeditionary Rapid Engineering Deployable Repair Squadron Engineers units in a Southwest Asia base. Construction of a transportational building; Development of structures fro the 379th Air...
- Eagle's Nest-West. Nolan, Dave // Airman;Mar1999, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p40
Discusses the aircraft conversion from pilot training in the F-16 to the F-15 at Kingsley Field Air National Guard Base in the United States. Details on the student pilot training program; Support equipment needed; Application of basic fighter pilot tactics.
- Situational awareness. Carretta, Thomas R.; Zelenski, Warren E. // Flying Safety;Apr96, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the results of a study on pilot situational awareness (SA) by the United States Air Force Armstrong Laboratory's Situation Awareness Integration Team (SAINT) in Texas. Definition of SA; Investigation of SA in air-to-air missions; Predictions of job performances; Predictive variables...
- USAF research aids crew fatigue management. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/14/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 20, p23
Reports on how studies by US Air Force Armstrong Laboratory scientists are helping B-1B bomber crews manage the fatigue of back-to-back, long-range conventional missions. Sleep and duty management; Attitude change; Factors that determine how long a rest period is needed between sorties; Need...
- `Trapped Gas Mishap' // Flying Safety;Sep95, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p28
Reports on a case of excess gas experienced by a AC-130 aircrew member. More information.
- Shriever AFB's First Term Airman's Center opens doors. Horton, Staff Sgt. Steve // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p13
Reports that Shriever Air Force Base in Colorado, has opened a First Term Airman's Center. Services provided by the center.