Hospital Characteristics Associated with Success in a Pay-for-Performance Program in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Veterans Hospitals. // Honoring Veterans: A Guide to Military Services;2009, p54
The article offers information on the veterans hospitals in the U.S. which include the Birmingham Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Alabama, Boise VA Medical Center in Idaho, and Kansas City VA Medical Center in Missouri.
- TOP HOSPITALS REDUCE DEATHS, COMPLICATIONS. // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that the risk-adjusted mortality rates of top-rated hospitals in the U.S. are 29 percent lower than the average hospital as complications are nine percent less likely to be suffered by patients.
- MEDICARE INCENTIVES DON'T LOWER HOSPITAL MORTALITY RATES. // Medical Economics;5/25/2012, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on the findings of a new study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, which reveals that Medicare's idea of paying hospitals on the basis of their performance is not effective in reducing deaths.
- Hospital utilization by state. // Modern Healthcare;3/17/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p32
The article presents a table that ranks states of the U.S. on the basis of maximum hospital utilization by states and total acute-care discharges per 1,000 people from April1, 2010, to July 1, 2013 including West Virginia, Florida, and Nevada.
- Innovation, vision give rise to orthopedic tradition at the University of Heidelberg. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p70
The article discusses the history of practicing orthopedic surgery in Heidelberg, Germany, which was recognized as a major world center for medicine.
- Orthopedic surgery. Novacheck, Tom F. // Exceptional Parent;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p83
Presents information on orthopedic surgery which is used to correct the muscle and bone deformities caused by spasticity. Evaluation of patients for orthopedic surgery; Types of orthopedic surgeries; Postoperative management after surgery. INSET: Eric's story by Deborah Nicolaus..
- ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY LIST. // New Orleans Magazine;Jun2014, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p126
No abstract available.
- HCM joint replacement program set tomorrow. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/28/2015, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p6A
The article offers information on the free "Destination Restore" program presentation for individuals who consider joint replacement surgery at Tealicious in Burnet, Texas on January 29, 2015.
- Retraction Note: Mini-plate versus Kirschner wire internal fixation for treatment of metacarpal and phalangeal fractures in Chinese Han population: a meta-analysis. Jiaming Xu; Changqing Zhang // Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Research;2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
A correction to the article "Mini-Plate Versus Kirschner Wire Internal Fixation for Treatment of Metacarpal and Phalangeal Fractures in Chinese Han Population: A Meta-Analysis" that was published in a 2014 issue is presented.