WOMEN AND BUSINESS IN SIXTEENTH-CENTURY EDINBURGH: EVIDENCE FROM THEIR TESTAMENTS
- your rights. Carrington, Danielle // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);5/5/2003, p80
Presents legal advice on several issues. Role of an executor of a friend's will; Fees that should be paid when selling a house by auction; Use of the services of solicitors in purchasing a house.
- 15 WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ON THE SIDE. Sturgis, Ingrid // Essence (Time Inc.);Jun2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p92
Presents tips on starting a sideline business. Percentage of women business owners who have sideline business; Hobbies and customer services that could be turn into business; Suggestion on selling used clothing and furnishings at consignment shops. INSET: SELLING ON eBAY.
- Aireburn milking portion to 9500gns. // Farmers Weekly;5/26/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 21, p160
The article reports on the sale of the milking portion of Aireburn Holstein herd by Brian and Judith Moorehouse at North Yorkshire, England. The prices reached up to 9500 Guinean franc. The trade was dominated by buyer Anthony Wills to secure 11 of the 20 top-priced animals for the 1000-cow...
- WHERE THERE'S A WILL…. // Mortgage Strategy;5/7/2007Supplement, p22
The author reflects on the contribution of will writers on offering huge and good services towards costumers in selling industries. He pointed on firms that does not involved in financial services or mortgages can offer a great service to professionals working in financial services because...
- Build a relationship to sell to businesswomen. Conroy, Kathleen // Sell!ng;Oct2005, p13
Gives advice for sales professionals on building good relationships with women in corporate and small business sectors. Factors to consider in preparing for a longer sales process; Importance of respecting the buyer's need to consult others; Relevance of delivering promises to the sales...
- Entrepreneur finds success through adversity. MAHONEY, RUTH // Westchester County Business Journal;5/18/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p20
The article presents an interview with Nadja Piatka, the owner of Nadja Foods Inc. Piatka says that one needs to develop a positive attitude for selling a product or service. According to the businesswoman, she has a passion for banking and likes to eat sweets. She adds that people must be...
- LIVING WILLS AND PRE-COMMITMENT. FEIBELMAN, ADAM // American University Business Law Review;2011/2012, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p93
An essay is presented that examines living wills through pre-commitment to bankruptcy treatment. It describes proposals for bankruptcy pre-commitment arrangements and further notes similarities and differences between those arrangements and living wills. It also provides important implications...
- Psychiatry and Existentialism. Rubenfeld, Seymour // New Republic;6/25/66, Vol. 154 Issue 26, p25
Reviews the book "The Ways of the Will: Essays Toward a Psychology and Psychopathology of Will," by Leslie H. Farber.
- Leaders in Sales and Sales Management. // Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management;May83, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p51
The article focuses on the professional history of Mary Kay Ash who was a leader in sales and sales management and set a firm example of success by being a woman in man's world. She succeeded in her career by working with Stanley Home Products and World Gift. Her ideas became Mary Kay Cosmetics...