‘ALL PARTNERS MAY BE ENLIGHTENED AND IMPROVED BY READING THEM’: THE DISTRIBUTION OF ENLIGHTENMENT BOOKS IN SCOTTISH SUBSCRIPTION LIBRARY CATALOGUES, 1750—c.1820
- N.Y.'s COMCAT stimulates ILL among libraries small & large. // Library Journal;10/15/1982, Vol. 107 Issue 18, p1934
Reports on the performance of Mid-York Library System's COMCAT catalog in New York. Background on the system.
- Minneapolis brings COM to area high schools. // Library Journal;11/15/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 20, p2370
Reports on the Minneapolis, Minnesota, Public Library & Information Center's efforts to teach the use of COM library catalog system in local high schools.
- Ten Ways to Profit from a Long Engagement. Thompson, James // American Libraries;Oct78, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p538
Offers ten steps to facilitate the transition to alternative forms of library catalogs at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. Adoption of Anglo-American Cataloging Rules 2; Changes in the nature of standard cataloging record. INSET: Speaking Desuperimpositionese: A Brief Glossary.
- Editorial: Revised AACR2 Chapter 12--'Continuing Resources'. Schulz, Nathalie // Serials Review;2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p169
Editorial. Discusses the publication of the Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules (AACR), second edition, 2002 as of September 2002. Reflection of the inclusion of integrating resources through the change in the title of chapter 12 of these rules; Reasons why libraries tend to control their...
- Dear Elsie,. // ILA Reporter;Aug2010, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p28
The article provides an answer to a question of the impact of the resource, description and access (RDA) into the records found in the library catalogs.
- Tips AND OTHER BRIGHT IDEAS. // Book Report;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p4
Provides tips on management of libraries. Book security system; Prevention of magazine theft in libraries; Improvement of library cataloging.
- Nat'l libraries set date to adopt â€œAACRâ€ revision. // Library Journal;4/15/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p857
Reports on the date set by four major national libraries for the implementation of the Anglo-American Cataloging Rules revision and the 19th edition of the Dewey Decimal Classification. Aspects of the rules revision; Involvement of the Library of Congress, British Library, National LIbrary of...
- RFP for turnkey circ system that is 'word largest'. // Library Journal;6/15/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p22
Reports that the RFP for an automated library circulation system will call for the capacity to handle 15.7 million items checked out during the first year. Plans of the Los Angeles County Public Library System to install the system.
- WHERE DO YOU WEIGH IN ON THE NEED TO KNOW RDA SCALE? Hart, Amy // Library Media Connection;Oct2013, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p38
A series of charts are presented which offer information on the RDA (Research Description and Access) scale, a standard for library cataloging.