HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVES CONFERENCE
- Interchange: The Promise of Digital History. // Journal of American History;Sep2008, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p452
Information about an online discussion between U.S. social historians regarding the study of digital history is presented. Subjects under discussion include the definition of digital history, primary sources such as blogs, web sites, email, music, historic images, film clips, databases, and the...
- The International Standing Conference for the History of Education (ISCHE), 1979-2000. Lüth, Christoph // History of Education & Children's Literature;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p485
The article discusses the history of the International Standing Conference for the History of Education (ISCHE) and its standing working group, founded in Belgium in 1979. It focuses particularly on the work of Polish organizations to foster education in German Pomerania between 1871 and 1914,...
- Teaching Teaching while Teaching History: How College Faculty Can Help Their Students Become Better Secondary Social Studies Educators. Shedd, John A. // History Teacher;May2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p433
An introduction to a series of essays is presented in which the editor discusses the January 2008 panel of the American Historical Association, the pedagogical needs of future secondary educators, and the shared beliefs of contributors on the subject of teaching history.
- Forthcoming events. // Teaching History;Jun2008, Issue 131, following p28
The article offers information on a joint conference, sponsored by the Geographical Association and History Association, to be held in Leeds, England in November 1, 2008.
- BRIEFING. // Teaching History;Mar2003, Issue 110, p6
Presents news items on history teaching in Great Britain as of March 2003. Campaign for history to be treated equally with other subjects by the Historical Association and Geographical Association; Organization of the Education Show at in Birmingham on March 13; Announcement of the Midlands...
- New Seminar Series. // Perspectives on History;Jan2010, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p31
Information is given about seminars in Washington, D.C. which are sponsored by the National History Center and the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and whose opening speaker will be Pulitzer Prize winner Martin J. Sherwin on January 25, 2010.
- Nieuwe diplomatieke geschiedenis van de premoderne tijd: Een inleiding. Ebben, Maurits; Sicking, Louis // Tijdschrift voor Geschiedenis;2014, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p541
The study of medieval and early modern diplomacy has long been considered one of the most conservative subdisciplines in the field of history. During the last three decades, however, diplomatic history has undergone profound changes. This introductory article shows how these changes were...
- Review of the European Conference for Computing and Philosophy, 2004. Stuart, Susan // APA Newsletters;Fall2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, Special section p5
The article discusses the highlights of the European Conference for Computing and Philosophy (ECAP) that was held on March 27, 2003 at the University of Glasgow. According to the author, the diversity of papers presented at the conference was matched by the diversity of the backgrounds of the...
- Learning History: The view from Khabarovsk. Seixas, Peter // Issues in Education;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p229
Examines James F. Voss' review of history education research from a vantage point in the city of Khabarovsk, Russia. Holding of a conference by Russian educators in Khabarovsk in September 1998 to take stock of the state of history teaching and learning in the Russian Far East; Voss' research...