A BASIC THEME
- Finer Things. Balachandar, Rupa // BeadStyle;Mar2006, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p60
Offers step-by-step instructions on making vintage mixed metal jewelry. Outline of materials and tools needed.
- ANGELA GLEASON. // Metalsmith;Exhibition in Print, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p25
This article presents information on the work of California-based metalsmith Angela Gleason. Recently his work is tied to his experience as a lesbian growing up in a large Irish Catholic family. The formats here are rosaries and halos. Gleason approaches prayer and sainthood with an outsider's...
- LAUREN WILCOX. // Metalsmith;Exhibition in Print, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p47
This article presents information on the artistic work of the Arkansas-based metalsmith Lauren Wilcox. Often the first impulse of Wilcox, is to make representative object--a tooth or a beehive or an oil tank. But she has got better with materials, better at controlling the craft, and as her...
- CATHERINE GILBERTSON. // Metalsmith;Exhibition in Print, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p24
This article presents information on the work of Wisconsin-based metalsmith Catherine Gilbertson. The musical study and performance of Gilbertson, has paralleled his concentration in visual art throughout his life. This interest has prompted an investigation into the dialogue that exists between...
- Editorial. S. B. // Metalsmith;Winter1990, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p4
The author reflects on the wearability of jewelry. She suggests treating jewelry the same way a coat is treated, which is taken off and not worn for the entire duration of an event. She asks if jewelry is required to endure all the conditions and how it limits the size, placement and perception...
- JULIE MATHEIS. // Metalsmith;Exhibition in Print, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p34
This article presents information on the artistic work of Illinois-based metalsmith Julie Matheis. Matheis enjoys introducing various materials into his work because of their tactile qualities and associative implications. The reconfiguration of pre-existing objects proposes a more intimate and...
- MARJORIE SIMON. // Ornament;Summer95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p24
The author offers her thoughts on jewelry making. She states that she has been fabricating jewelry which represents the aesthetic reciprocality of male and female in terms of balance of form. She also emphasized that texture, form, color, and function are the main artistic concerns of her works....
- SHOW YOUR METAL. Fujimoto, Naomi // BeadStyle;Mar2006, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p64
Offers step-by-step instructions on making mixed-metal necklaces with chains, washers and double-circle components. Outline of materials and tools needed.
- The mix is in. Konkel, Jane // BeadStyle;Mar2006, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p72
Offers step-by-step instructions on making mixed-metal earrings. Outline of materials and tools needed.