Determination of the botanical origin of honey by Fourier-transformed infrared spectroscopy: an approach for routine analysis
- Lipase from marine strain using cooked sunflower oil waste: production optimization and application for hydrolysis and thermodynamic studies. Ramani, K.; Saranya, P.; Jain, S.; Sekaran, G. // Bioprocess & Biosystems Engineering;Mar2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p301
The marine strain Pseudomonas otitidis was isolated to hydrolyze the cooked sunflower oil (CSO) followed by the production of lipase. The optimum culture conditions for the maximum lipase production were determined using Plackett-Burman design and response surface methodology. The maximum lipase...
- Sunflower seed oil and oleic acid utilization for the production of rhamnolipids by Thermus thermophilus HB8. Pantazaki, Anastasia A.; Dimopoulou, Maria I.; Simou, Olga M.; Pritsa, Agathi A. // Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology;Oct2010, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p939
The potential production of rhamnolipids was demonstrated using the thermophilic eubacterium Thermus thermophilus HB8 and sunflower seed oil or oleic acid as carbon sources. Sunflower seed oil was directly hydrolyzed by secretion of lipase and became a favorable carbon source for rhamnolipids...
- Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using local honey. Haiza, H.; Azizan, A.; Hazwan Mohidin, Aizat; Halin, D. S. C. // Nano Hybrids;2013, Issue 4, p87
In this work, silver nanoparticles have been successfully prepared with a simple, cost-effective and reproducible aqueous room temperature "green" synthesis method. Honey was chosen as the eco-friendly reducing and stabilizing agent replacing most reported reducing agents such as hydrazine,...
- A Hybrid Sensing Approach for Pure and Adulterated Honey Classification. Subari, Norazian; Mohamad Saleh, Junita; Yeon Md Shakaff, Ali; Zakaria, Ammar // Sensors (14248220);2012, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p14022
This paper presents a comparison between data from single modality and fusion methods to classify Tualang honey as pure or adulterated using Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA) and Principal Component Analysis (PCA) statistical classification approaches. Ten different brands of certified pure...
- FT-IR spectrometers perform environmental monitoring. Russwurm, George M.; Childers, Jeffrey W. // Laser Focus World;Apr95, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p79
Reports on the use of the Fourier-transform infrared (FT-IR) long-path spectrometer system to measure atmospheric gas concentrations. Features of the system Components of an FT-IR long-path monitoring instrument; Data analysis using the FT-IR interferogram.
- Biosorption behaviors of uranium (VI) from aqueous solution by sunflower straw and insights of binding mechanism. Ai, Lian; Luo, Xuegang; Lin, Xiaoyan; Zhang, Sizhao // Journal of Radioanalytical & Nuclear Chemistry;Dec2013, Vol. 298 Issue 3, p1823
Uranium (VI)-containing water has been recognized as a potential longer-term radiological health hazard. In this work, the sorptive potential of sunflower straw for U (VI) from aqueous solution was investigated in detail, including the effect of initial solution pH, adsorbent dosage,...
- ERRATUM. // Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society (JAOCS);Jul2004, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p725
Presents a correction to the article "New FTIR Method for the Determination of FFA in Oils," by Ahmed Al-Alawi, Frederick R. Van de Voort and Jacqueline Sedman, which appeared in the 2004 issue of the "Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society."
- SF[sub 6] and its clusters in solid parahydrogen studied by infrared spectroscopy. Katsuki, Hiroyuki; Momose, Takamasa; Shida, Tadamasa // Journal of Chemical Physics;5/15/2002, Vol. 116 Issue 19, p8411
The triply degenerate stretching vibration of sulfur hexafluoride and its clusters in solid parahydrogen at cryogenic temperatures is studied using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. The observed spectra are compared with theoretical spectra constructed on the basis of the intermolecular...
- [sup 19]F spin-rotation constants and shielding tensor of sulphur difluoride from its microwave... Gatehouse, Bethany; Muller, Holger S.P.; Gerry, Michael C.L. // Journal of Chemical Physics;5/1/1997, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p6916
Studies the spin-rotation constants and shielding tensor of the unstable molecule sulphur difluoride from its microwave spectrum using a pulsed jet cavity Fourier transform spectrometer. Calculation of the principal inertial axis nuclear shielding components; Origin of the unusual shieldings.