Myofilament Protein Gene Mutation Screening and Outcome of Patients With Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Identification of Myofilament Mutations: Its Role in the Diagnosis and Management of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Dandona, Sonny; Roberts, Robert // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jun2008, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p626
The article presents the authors' perspective on a study concerning the identification of myofilament mutations and its role in the diagnosis and management of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), which is published within the issue. They remark that the observation of the study should be...
- Echocardiography-Guided Genetic Testing in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Septal Morphological Features Predict the Presence of Myofilament Mutations. Binder, Josepha; Ommen, Steve R.; Gersh, Bernard J.; Van Driest, Sara L.; Tajik, A. Jamil; Nishimura, Rick A.; Ackerman, Michael J. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Apr2006, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p459
OBJECTIVE: To examine the relationship among age, septal morphological subtype, and presence of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)-associated myofilament mutations. PATIENTS AND METHODS: Comprehensive mutation analysis of the 8 HCM susceptibility genes that encode the myofilaments of the cardiac...
- Role of late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the risk stratification of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM): but what about 'apical' HCM? Ghosh Dastidar, Amardeep; Rodrigues, Jonathan; Bucciarelli-Ducci, Chiara // Heart;Dec2014, Vol. 100 Issue 23, p1898
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Role of late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the risk stratification of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy," by T. F. Ismail et al. in the 2014 issue.
- Molecular mechanisms of cardiac myofilament activation: modulation by pH and a troponin T mutant R92Q. Solaro, R. John; Varghese, Jamie; Marian, A. J.; Chandra, Murali // Basic Research in Cardiology;May2002 Supplement 1, Vol. 97, pI102
Activation of cardiac myofilaments is a complex process involving steric, allosteric, and cooperative mechanisms. The complexity of the protein-protein interactions that result in the rise and fall of tension in the heartbeat provide many points that may be modified by various control...
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: A New Mutation Illustrates the Need for Family-Centered Care. Lee, Daniel; Veith, Regan; Dimmock, David; Samyn, Margaret // Pediatric Cardiology;Dec2014, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p1474
This is a case series of a family positive for a previously undescribed mutation in the myofilament gene MYH7, causing hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), a potentially lethal cardiac disease with strong hereditability. The family's significant disease became strikingly apparent with the...
- B-TYPE NATRIURETIC PEPTIDE PREDICTS DISEASE SEVERITY IN CHILDREN WITH HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY. // Heart;Jul2008 Supp, Vol. 94, pA86
An abstract of the article "B-Type Natriuretic Peptide Predicts Disease Severity in Children With Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy," by J. P. Kaski, A. Pantazis, J. Marek, and colleagues is presented.
- REDUCED TWISTING OF THE LEFT VENTRICLE IN PATIENTS WITH SYMPTOMATIC NON-OBSTRUCTIVE HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY: A STUDY USING TWO-DIMENSIONAL SPECKLE TRACKING IMAGING. // Heart;Jul2008 Supp, Vol. 94, pA103
An abstract for the article "Reduced Twisting of the Left Ventricle in Patients With Symptomatic Non-Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: A Study Using Two-Dimensional Speckle Tracking Imaging," by T.T. Phan, P. Elliot, H. Watkins and colleagues is presented.
- Adiponectin acts as a positive indicator of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Unno, Kazumasa; Shibata, Rei; Izawa, Hideo; Hirashiki, Akihiro; Murase, Yosuke; Yamada, Takashi; Kobayashi, Masakazu; Noda, Akiko; Nagata, Kohzo; Ouchi, Noriyuki; Murohara, Toyoaki // Heart;Mar2010, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p357
Background Adiponectin is an adipose-derived plasma protein that exhibits beneficial actions on the heart. Recently, it was shown that adiponectin levels were elevated in patients with systolic heart failure. Objective To investigate the association between adiponectin levels and left...
- Post Burn Contracture Neck: Clinical Profile and Management. MODY, NIKUNJ BHAVESH; BANKAR, SANKET S.; PATIL, AVINASH // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Oct2014, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p12
Background: Morbidity related to hypertrophic scars and contractures which are well known sequel after burns remains high and in fact has increased as more severely burned patients are surviving. This study was undertaken in order to assess the varied clinical presentation, precipitating...