In the Drivers' Seats
- ADB scores industry 1st. // CED;Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the demonstration of the Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) on the functionality of the Cisco Systems Inc. and Motorola Inc. headends and cablecards at the CableLabs introp event . It mentions that ADB use the Cisco headend and CableCard to display Time Warner Cable's...
- The timely death of the set-top box. Santo, Brian // CED;Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p3
The author reflects on obsolescence of the cable tv set-top box in the U.S. He describes that several prerequisites for eliminating set-tops are gradually being fulfilled, among them the widening commercial deployment of STBs with separable security schemes and the growing acceptance of tru2way....
- Motorla Recalls Some 2000s. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p2
Reports the recall of an unspecified percentage of DCT-2000 digital set-top boxes from Motorola Inc. in the U.S. Identification of access control systems; Mechanical defect in the power-supply circuit within the detachment power plug; Association of the defect to the design of the digital box.
- Motorola CMTS earns Cablelabs qualification. // Modem Users News;Sep99, p4
Reports that Motorola's Multimedia Group, a supplier of cable high-speed data access technology, has received Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification qualification from cable television industry consortium, Cablelabs, for its Cable Router cable modem termination system. Benefits of the...
- Connecting AMERICA. // CED;Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p50
Highlights the 2002 National Show in New Orleans, Louisiana. Support of cable television operators on the proposed voluntary digital television plan; Introduction of the digital set-top of Motorola Broadband; Plans of Pace Micro Technology Plc and Philips' semiconductor to develop a system...
- Motorola Semi goes commercial. // Electronic News;1/29/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2101, p4
Describes Motorola's Semiconductor Products Sector's first commercials that were aired on the ESPN sports cable channel.
- Exploring the IPTV Option. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/28/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p48
The article speculates on the plans of operators to deliver video over Internet protocol in the U.S. Cisco Systems has announced that it will add Internet streaming capabilities to its video-on-demand Content Delivery System. Motorola has proposed an Internet protocol television bypass technique...
- Cisco Cable Sales Get Hammered. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p3
The article reports that cable sales of Cisco Systems Inc. to North American cable operators, which represent 2 billion dollars in annual sales, fell 40 percent in the quarter ended October 30, 2010.
- Cisco helps CATV make headway. Cholewka, Kathleen // Telephony;11/24/97, Vol. 233 Issue 21, p34
Reports that Cisco Systems has extended its reach to Sony Corp. and Com21 in their efforts to test and develop interoperable cable television systems. Primary objective in the move; Support pledged for data over cable service interface specifications; Implications for consumers and the...