Charter, LIN Engage In Retrans Fight
- Stations Aren't All Demanding Cash. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p4
Focuses on the implications of the U.S. government's retransmission consent under federal regulations for local television stations and cable operators. Compensation provided by operators for local stations who intend to carry their multicast programming; Issues surrounding the broadcasting...
- Broadcasting & Cable in brief. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/20/99, Vol. 129 Issue 52, p80
Presents news briefs related to television broadcasting in the United States, as of December 20, 1999. Includes DirecTV Inc.'s launching of local television service via satellite in various cities; LIN Television Corp.'s acquisition of WLFI television station in Lafayette, Indiana; National...
- WDNY News Shift. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the changes in the news broadcasting of United Paramount Network in 2005. Production by WISH television station of news; Decision made by Viacom Inc. to sell WDNY to LIN Television Corp.; Information on the rating of WDNY in the news category.
- A Special Latin Beat. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/12/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 37, p26
Focuses on the television industry in Puerto Rico as of September, 2005. Remarks of Gary Chapman, president and CEO of LIN Television regarding the television market; Information on the operations of television station WAPA; Description on the television community in the country.
- Providing Stiff Competition. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 30, p17
Reports on the battle in the television broadcasting market in Providence, Rhode Island and New Bedford, Massachusetts. Gross revenue of WJAR in 2004 according to BIA Financial; Amount collected by Providence news stations in 2004; Efforts of LIN Television to improve their business.
- Indianapolis' TV Race. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p11
Presents information on the performance of the WTHR television station of Dispatch Broadcasting in 2005. Retention of the station's distinction as top-rate news; Competition between WTHR and the WISH television station of LIN Television Corp.; Decision made by LIN to acquire WDNY television...
- Going Up. Fratrik, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;4/24/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 17, p32
Reports on the sale of television stations in the U.S. as of April 2006. Acquisition of Emmis television stations by LIN Television, Grey Television and SJL Communications; Purpose of the acquisitions such as to increase the overall value of the group; Competition faced by local TV broadcasters...
- LIN Likely Lost Chance To Broadcast Deal News. Loesser, Ernest // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/8/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the possibility that television station operator LIN TV Corp. has missed its opportunity to strike a sale. According to a broadcasting analyst, he head LIN received sales books back from prospective acquirors in late July or early August 2007, but when the books came back...
- NBC Eyes An Island Import. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plan of NBC Universal to use programming from its Telemundo TV station in Puerto Rico to create a Spanish-language cable network in the U.S. in 2004. Popularity of the WKAQ-TV, the station targeted by NBC for the plan, in the state; Reaction of David Zaslav, president of NBC...