Copyright Fees Could Be Hiked
- NCTA: Contract Fees Aid Savings. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p31
The article reports on National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) senior vice president for law and regulatory policy Daniel Brenner's claim that the federal government should allow cable operators to offer long-term contracts with early termination fees (ETF). He asserts that ETFs...
- Here's to the Winners. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/16/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 24, p28
In June 2003 at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association annual show in Chicago, Illinois, the organization bestowed its prestigious Vanguard Awards to nine men and women who have brought that certain special something to the cable television business. The Larry Boggs Vanguard award,...
- An MSNBC in news's future. C.L. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/06/96, Vol. 126 Issue 20, p43
Reports that on the comments made on the future of television news at a session at the National Cable Television Association. Insight on design of future news; Comments from Thomas Rodgers, president of NBC Cable;Information on NBC's development of a circle of cross promotion for MNSBC; Status...
- Shlemiel, shlimazel. // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p7
Reflects on the status of the cable television industry in the United States as of May 22, 2000. Accomplishments of the National Cable Television Association in early 2000; Issues on subscriber fees; Enhancement in cable services.
- THE SCAPEGOAT. Mundy, Alicia // Adweek Southeast Edition;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, pC54
Provides information on cable television. Remarks from Dave Beckwith, vice president of the National Cable Television Association; Opportunities for the growth of the cable television industry.
- WIRED FOR CHANGE. Triplett, William; Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;4/10/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 6, p5
The article presents highlights of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's 2006 National Show in Atlanta, Georgia. The event invoked cable's entrepreneurial spirit as the driver of the industry's success. Session started with a video presentation that compared cable's success with...
- Cablers inauguarate Hall of Fame. Richmond, Ray // Variety;04/27/98, Vol. 370 Issue 11, p34
Announces the inauguration of the Cable Hall of Fame on May 3, 1998 in Atlanta, Georgia. Removal of the National Cable Television Association (NCTA) national show; Charter members of the Cable Hall of Fame.
- The insider. McConville, Jim; Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p8
Presents news briefs related to television broadcasting in the United States, as of February 7, 2000. Includes growth in the National Cable Television Association's membership; Cable news networks' coverage of the Alaska Airlines crash off the coast of California; Oxygen's launching of its...
- Local shows take note. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p64
Reports on the National Cable Television Association's review of the viability of regional cable-trade association conventions. Discussion on the efficacy of the regional shows for exhibitors; Impact of the review on regional cable shows that rely on exhibitors' fees for the bulk of their...