WWE's New Pay-Per-View
- TAG TEAM. GRASER, MARC; SCHNEIDER, MICHAEL // Daily Variety;11/17/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 32, p3
The article focuses on the plans of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE) to launch its own cable television channel. WWE has signed a contract with USA Network, a television network, for broadcasting the television program "Monday Night Raw" till 2014. Vince McMahon, chairman of WWE, has...
- WWE pins down 'MNF' towel scene. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/24/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 39, p4
Details the seduction scene at the wrestling show "Raw" which parodies the seduction scene preceding the "Monday Night Football" program in the U.S. Names of performers; Appearance of Vince McMahon, chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.; Dialogue of McMahon on the immorality of the scene.
- PINNING THEIR HOPES. Graser, Marc // Variety;10/13/2008, Vol. 412 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses the professional wrestlers led by World Wrestling Entertainment chairman Vince McMahon who founded their own television network, MyNetworkTV. The network debuted with the weekly "Friday Night SmackDown" series, and drew high ratings, according to the network's president,...
- In Need of a Fix. Beech, Mark; O'Brien, Richard; Bechtel, Mark // Sports Illustrated;9/30/2002, Vol. 97 Issue 13, p25
Addresses the decline in value of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Gimmicks being implemented in an attempt to boost ratings, including staging a fake gay wedding; Economic and popularity cycles experienced by professional wrestling throughout its history; Thoughts of WWE chairman Vince McMahon.
- MEN MIGRATE TO ALL TELECASTS. McLean, Thomas J. // Daily Variety;3/24/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 57, pA2
The article reports on the higher television ratings of the wrestling programs of the integrated media company World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. The company airs its main wrestling show WWE Raw on USA Network, and Extreme Championship Wrestling on Sci Fi Channel. These programs have attracted a...
- WWE wrests 'Wrestler' Graser, Marc // Variety;2/9/2009, Vol. 413 Issue 12, p4
The article discusses the reactions from people involved with World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE) regarding the motion picture "The Wrestler." The opinions of WWE wrestler Vince McMahon regarding the film are discussed. The author reports that even though negative comments have been made...
- RINGMASTER. // Multichannel News;7/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p14
An interview with Vince McMahon, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of the company WWE is presented. Regarding his role in the company he says that he has been relatively intelligent in running the business. He says that WWE has no competition with other television channels and as far as...
- WWE Pins an ITV PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/18/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p16
Reports on the interactive pay-per-view plan of World Wrestling Entertainment for its "Monday Night Raw" basic-cable franchise. Overview of the interactive pay-per-view process; Significance of the plan; Expectations from the plan.
- Spike Counts WWE Out. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the refusal of television network Spike TV to renew its contract for World Wrestling Entertainment's "Raw" series when it expires in September 2005. Possible reasons behind the decision of the network; Background on the ratings of the show on cable, as of March 14, 2005; Plans of the...