Nets Go TO THE MOVIES
- ALPHABET SPELLS OUT 'FAMILY' RESEMBLANCE. Dempsey, John // Variety;10/7/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the failure of the ABC Family to establish sensible programming, since its acquisition by Disney, as of October 2002. List of high-rated programs during the third quarter of 2002; Value of the acquisition; Information on the programming plans of the company.
- Earnings. // CableFAX Daily;11/18/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 225, p1
The article presents an update on the financial performance of various cable television networks in the U.S. as of November 18, 2005. Disney posted a 27% decrease in profit in the third quarter of the year. The decline in the performance of ABC Family can be attributed to high programming costs....
- ABC FAMILY CHARTS STRATEGY, FILLS POST. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p31
Reports on the appointment of television executive Paul Lee at ABC Family channel by Walt Disney Co. co-chair Anne Sweeney in the U.S. in April 2004. Information on the programming at ABC Family; Responsibilities of Lee in the company; Background of Lee.
- Sweeney in ABC Family Way. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the decision of the Walt Disney Co. to consolidate all entertainment cable networks in a corporate reorganization. Shift of ABC Family to become part of the ABC Cable Networks Group under Anne Sweeney; Questions raised by the change; Information on the Programming of Family Channel;...
- Shapiro's Future Unclear at ABC Family. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the future of ABC Family president Angela Shapiro after the company was moved under ABC Cable Networks Group. Term of Shapiro at ABC Family; Rift between Shapiro and Walt Disney Co. president Robert Iger over the performance of and direction of the network; Background on the...
- Disney Takes a Dip. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/3/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p26
The article reports that Walt Disney Co. experienced a seven percent decline in revenue and a 20 percent drop in segment operating income for the period ending June 30, 2009. It states that the media networks including Disney Channel, ABC Family, and ESPN have done their best to lessen the...
- Marvel sues Mouse over characters. Shprintz, Janet // Daily Variety;11/3/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 23, p5
Reports that Marvel Enterprises has sued Walt Disney Co. to terminate its license to create animated programming such as Spider-Man, the Incredible Hunk, X-men and other characters for the ABC Family Channel.
- ABC Family Flicks Click. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;4/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p42
The article discusses the growing popularity of Disney-owned cable network ABC Family. Paul Lee, president of ABC Family, has noted that their target audience of 14 to 28 year olds displays a great deal of optimism not seen in older individuals. Lee notes that this optimism is reflected in the...
- ABC Family's Shapiro to resign. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/28/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 2, p6
ABC Family president Angela Shapiro will soon exit the embattled Walt Disney Co. owned cable network in the wake of a management shake-up. Shapiro is negotiating the terms of her resignation after Disney decided to shift oversight of ABC to Anne Sweeney, president of ABC Cable Networks Group,...