Showtime Will Tackle NFL, Spielberg Sitcom
- Grid Announcers Jump Networks. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;8/8/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p1A
Reports on the changes of sports announcers in several television networks in the U.S. in 2005. List of television networks whose changes have impacted all of the networks currently carrying football; Information on the changes made by NBC Sports chairman Dick Ebersol; Efforts of CBS to guard...
- CBS affils pitch in for NFL. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;06/01/98, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the approval of CBS Inc.'s Affiliate Advisory Board to raise funds to capture the broadcasting rights for the American Football Conference games of the National Football League in 1998.
- CBS sports new look and new faces. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p37
Reports that CBS Sports' inclusion of several television announcers for its coverage of National Football League games.
- HD sports coverage. // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, pS22
The article describes the challenges of high definition television (HDTV) sports coverage, as discussed by Ken Aagaard, CBS Sports senior vice president for operations and production services, at the HD Technology Summit in December 2007 in California. Aagaard said that 5.1 surround sound, mixed...
- MTV, NBC Sports Ink Action-Sports Pact. Barrett, Larry // Multichannel News;12/8/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p16
The article reports on the team up of Music Television (MTV) and National Broadcasting Company (NBC) Sports to create Alli, the Alliance of Action Sports. It cites that the team up will include seven natiional and international action-sports tours, events and multimedia content. It also mentions...
- EUROSPORTNEWS KICKS OFF IN NEW TERRITORY. Newbery, Charles // Variety;2/10/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the partnership of Argentina's AVC Television (TV) network and TF1 Group's Eurosport TV network to distribute Gallic feevee Eurosportnews in Latin America. Objectives of the partnership agreement; Plan of AVC to expand into the field of feevee distribution and programming; Status of...
- Arena shares ball with Premiere. Meza, Ed // Variety;7/24/2006, Vol. 403 Issue 9, p18
The article provides information on a deal signed between upstart German pay-television (TV) channel Arena and pay TV giant Premiere regarding the airing of the Bundesliga soccer in Germany starting August 11, 2006. Arena thought its problems, in relation to the airing of the games, were over....
- Showtime, CBS Pound Out Boxing Deal. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;05/29/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p3
Reports that Showtime Networks Inc. has reached a delayed-broadcast agreement with CBS Corp. for distribution of four June 2000 boxing fight telecasts. Showtime's cable and direct-broadcast satellite deal for its June 10 Evander Holyfield-John Ruiz bout; Terms under the deal.
- Showtime Signs New Sports Deal With Al Jazeera. // Satellite Today;8/18/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 151, p5
The article reports the content deal between Showtime and Al Jazeera. The deal will boost the sports content offering of Showtime in the Middle East. Starting September 2006, Showtime subscribers will have six sports channels to choose from including Al Jazeera Sports +1 and +2 and Sportsnet World.