Turner Signs Several Early Upfront Deals
- Cable should benefit from broadcast network upheaval. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/15/95, Vol. 125 Issue 20, p26
Reports that cable television networks in the United States are gaining advertising benefits from an unstable network broadcasting system where stations have a fast change of affiliation. Cable television advertisements; Share points of cable networks in prime time; Confusion from network shifting.
- Interconnects Eye Robust 2000 Sales. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p78
Highlights the strong advertising sales posted by major-market cable television operators in the United States for the first quarter of 2000. Projection that the robust first-quarter results should continue in the next quarters; Strong sales from automotive and media categories.
- HBO READY TO HELP LI'L BUDDY CINEMAX. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p16
Talks about the support given by cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to its sister channel Cinemax, through advertisements in its network,in July 2002 in the U.S. Decline in the subscriber count of Cinemax; Percentage of pay-TV households in the U.S. which order HBO as their first...
- CABLE UP IN UPFRONT. Learmonth, Michael; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/2/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 64, p4
The article reports that cable networks in the U.S. are reporting double-digit advertising rate gains and are estimating about 5% growth in 2007. Cable networks of Turner Broadcasting System Inc., which include Turner Network Television, TBS and Courtroom Television Network, are leading the...
- Cable connects with advertisers. Cooper, Jim // Brandweek;09/20/99, Vol. 40 Issue 35, Media Outlook p38
Presents an outlook on cable programming in the United States for 2000. Merger activities of cable networks; Cable program ratings in 1999; Predictions on the increase in cable advertising; Obstacles in cable network growth.
- CNN Seeks Image Groomer. McMains, Andrew; Krajewski, Steve // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/23/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p2
Reports that Turner Broadcasting Systems' Cable News Network has contacted seven agencies about a branding assignment. Carmichael Lynch and Mullen Wenham as among the agencies contacted; Estimated worth of the branding task; Remarks of key company officials regarding the issue.
- Affiliate Relations:. // CableFAX Daily;7/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 136, p4
Deals with the promotions launched by cable television networks and its affiliates in the U.S. Sweepstakes announced by World Wrestling Entertainment and cable partners including Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Cox to promote the Summer Slam pay-per-view wrestling event; Promotions offered by...
- Right place, right time. Fahey, Alison; Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-18
Provides an outlook for the cable television industry in the U.S. in 1992. Reason that cable sales executives are optimistic about advertising revenue growth in 1992; Predicted increase in total cable revenues in 1992 by Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau.
- Cable Nees An Upfront of Its Own. Cunningham, Sean // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p41
Focuses on the requirement for a system for cable television broadcast upfront to provide better investment ability for its participating advertisers in the U.S. Investment loss for advertisers in the U.S. cable television industry; Advantage of better brand-building knowledge; Need for...