- Plato Continues Ambitious Growth Strategy With New Agreements. // Electronic Education Report;4/2/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p7
Plato Learning Inc., a provider of computer-based and e-learning instruction for kindergarten through adult learners, continued its ambitious growth strategy in February and March. The company reached agreements with new partners and expanded agreements with current partners, including customers...
- Lightspan Ends Fiscal 2000 Ahead Of Predictions, But Still In The Red. // Electronic Education Report;03/14/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p4
Reports the financial performance of Lightspan Inc. in San Diego, California. Subscription sales of Lightspan Network; Revenues of the company as of the year 2000; Closure of the office in Santa Monica, California.
- Lightspan Banks On Existing Products To Meet New Federal Funding Demands. // Electronic Education Report;3/15/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p6
Reports the downsizing of Lightspan company in the U.S. Operation halt of the Santa Monica office; Statement regarding the revenue estimates of the company by chief operating officer Carl Zeiger; Refusal of the company to use cash reserves for product investments.
- To Sell or Buy: Lightspan Hires Piper Jaffray. // Electronic Education Report;6/7/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p4
Reports the deal between software publisher Lightspan Inc. and U.S. Banc Corp. Piper Jaffray. Comment of Lightspan senior vice president Mike Sicuro on the issue; Rank of Lightspan in Simba Information top companies ranking; List of companies considered viable buyers of Lightspan.
- CompuServe tries to wow families. // Consumer Reports;Aug96, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p8
Discusses Wow!, a family-oriented online service introduced by CompuServe. Various services provided for adults and children; Reasons for considering the product; Contact point.
- site geist. // Information World Review;Dec2000, Issue 164, p84
Provides news on the online information services industry as of December 2000. Digital Freedom Network's contest entitled Foil the Filters; Information on Brave New World, a Web site about children's health conditions.
- Managing Electronic Content Logjams. Jacobs, Leslie // Online;May/Jun2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p60
Deals with managing electronic content logjams which pose a problem to information content deployers and vendors in the U.S. Examples of the problems caused by electronic content logjams; Reason behind the occurrence of electronic content logjams; Discussion on how the information content...
- What You Really, Really Want is to be On-line. Plunket, Paddy // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p42
Explores the results of a library survey of members' information needs in New Zealand. Percentage of respondents using an Information Service Provider as a means of keeping up-to-date with professional matters; Percentage of respondents wanting training in on-line information retrieval and...
- Identity crisis. Cook, Bob // Modern Physician;Jul99, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p44
Cites that providing marketers with personal information is the price doctors have to pay for free online services. Reasons for physician-centered sites ask for personal information; What the concept `permission marketing' means; Importance of permission marketing.