Houghton Mifflin Plans Release of Print, Electronic Dictionary
- AHD Adds Color to Tradition. McCormack, Heather // Library Journal;11/15/2000 Reference 2001, Vol. 125 Issue 19, p12
Offers a look at Houghton Mifflin publishing. Focus on the fourth edition of the book 'American Heritage Dictionary'; How the book was compiled; Availability of an electronic version of the reference.
- The Selling of a Dictionary. // Time;5/11/1970, Vol. 95 Issue 19, p102
The article reports on the publicity efforts surrounding the publication of "The American Heritage Dictionary." First released in September 1969, it became one of the biggest-selling hard-cover book of the country with 440,000 copies sold in four months. Now, the co-publishers, American Heritage...
- Houghton Mifflin To Test E-Book Waters; Offers Electronic College Textbooks For Fall 2001 Use. // Educational Marketer;12/11/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p1
Reports that Houghton Miffin will begin selling selected electronic versions of its college textbooks in May 2001.
- HM Trade & Reference Division `On Target.'. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;2/28/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 9, p16
Reports the status of the sales of Houghton Mifflin in the United States in 1999. Amount of its sales; Status of the company in the consumer book industry.
- Textbooks to Become Interactive. // T H E Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on Houghton Mifflin and netLibrary's launch of a digital textbook initiative to create electronic versions of Houghton Mifflin College Division texts. Role of MetaText in the enterprise; Description of MetaText editions; Features of the web-based learning platform .
- PBS drops TV companion book on FBI; Houghton miffed. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/13/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the cancellation of `The Bureau: Inside The FBI,' a companion volume for Public Broadcasting Service's television series on the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation. Deviation of the book from the series' script as reason for the cancellation; Reactions from Houghton Mifflin,...
- Houghton Mifflin's Trade and Reference Division Posts Decline. // Book Publishing Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p4
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based educational publisher Houghton Mifflin posted a 13.4% decline in its 2003 trade and reference publishing revenues versus 2002. Factors behind the decline in revenues; Growth targets and strategies; Implications on book publishing.
- Houghton Mifflin. Lodge, Sally; Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;7/19/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 29, p96
Presents children's books published by Houghton Mifflin for fall 1993. `The Sweetest Fig,' by Chris Van Allsburg; `Big Black Bear,' by Wong Herbert Yee; `Andrew's Own Place,' by Nancy Riecken, illustrated by Meg Kelleher Aubrey; `Stop That Pickle!' by Peter Armour, illustrated by Andrew...
- Daddy Makes the Best Spaghetti. McElmeel, Sharron; Mandell, Phyllis Levy // School Library Journal;May90, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p73
Reviews the sound recording `Daddy Makes the Best Spaghetti,` by Houghton Mifflin.