Tribune Completes Merger, Still Plans To Sell Education Division
- Tribune To Take `Strategic' Look At Education Group, Contemplates Sale. // Electronic Education Report;04/12/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the possibility that Tribune may sell its education group following the merger of the company with Times Mirror.
- Amid ad slump, Trib sees hopeful signs. McCormick, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;05/14/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p49
Reports the acquisition of Time Mirror Co. by Tribune Co. in Chicago, Illinois. Increase in sales of advertisements at the televisions of the company; Effects of the advertising downturn on the financial status of Tribune; Ban on the ownership of a newspaper and broadcasting entity by the...
- Nervous in the newsrooms. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;03/20/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p4
Reports the consolidation of Time Mirror with Tribune companies in the United States. Advantages of the consolidation; Impact of merger on management, benefits and staffing levels; Company background of Time Mirror and Tribune; Financial issues of newspaper companies. INSET: Untitled...
- The new spider in the Web. Williams, Jason // Editor & Publisher;03/20/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p9
Focuses on the advantages of consolidation between Tribune and Times Mirror companies in the United States. Development of active online publication; Terms of the consolidation; Service and prodcut offers of Go2Orlando.com website of Tribune; Prediction growth of website revenue.
- Original syns may change. Astor, Dave // Editor & Publisher;03/20/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the impact of Tribune and Times Mirror mergers on syndicates and news services of newspaper companies in the United States. Terms of the consolidation; Advantages of the mergers; Differentiation in product and services offerings of companies owned by Tribune and Times Mirror.
- A company with clout. Rosenberg, Jim // Editor & Publisher;03/20/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p12
Analyzes the benefits of consolidation between Tribune and Time Mirror companies in the United States. Increase in annual newsprint consumption of Tribune; Role of Tribune Publishing in operations of company-owned newspapers; Lists newspapers owned by Tribune Co.; Impact of mergers on newsprint...
- Tribune hopes rise as FCC scrutinizes rule. McCormick, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;05/07/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p9
Reports the rule regarding the cross-ownership of Time Mirror Co. by Tribune Co. in Chicago, Illinois. Details on the planned review of the rule by FCC; Information on the company's hopes. Accounts on the rationale of the merger.
- Tribune Beams Toward A Multimedia Future. Hickey, Neil // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun2000, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p18
Deals with the move of Tribune Co. to acquire the Times Mirror company. Background of the two newspaper publishing companies; Newspapers under the companies which have won acclaim; Chief executive officer of the merged companies; Plans of Tribune Co.
- Ripples seen in wake of `World's Greatest Newspaper Deal'. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;03/27/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 13, p15
Discusses the effects of the Tribune-Times Mirror newspaper merger in the United States. Consolidation in the newspaper publishing industry; Acquisition plans of Knight Ridder; Impact of federal cross-ownership restrictions on newspaper consolidation; Lackluster performance of newspaper stocks.