Thomson Learning Acquires ARCO For Its Peterson's Test-Prep Division
- ARCO Now Part of Peterson's. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/19/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 25, p20
Focuses on Thomson Learning company's acquisition of the assets of ARCO from IDG Books company. Terms of the deal; Background on the acquisition of ARCO by IDG Books; Plans of Thomson for ARCO.
- BP Amoco-Arco marriage facing Alaskan obstacles. Smith, Jennifer E. // Offshore;Jun99, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p120
Provides information on the merger plan of BP Amoco and Arco. Expectation on the merger; Percentage of Alaskan oil production to be owned by Arco if is permitted to merge with BP Amoco; Layoff target of the two companies when they originally discussed their merger agreement.
- ACI's Eastern Operations Capitalize. Fiscor, Steve // Coal Age;Nov98, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p39
Deals with the acquisition of Arco's coal properties by Arch Coal Incorporated (ACI). Benefits of the acquisition to ACI; Entity created by the transaction; Production of the Black Thunder mine; Status of other ACI mines.
- Too much good stuff. // Adweek Western Edition;07/21/97, Vol. 47 Issue 29, p43
Presents information on am/pm Mini Market, while focusing on the type of advertising campaigns which are used by the company. Objectives of the company; Information on studies which were conducted; Features of products offered at the store. INSET: Credits..
- AM/PM `unquenchable' spots target summer market. // Brandweek;05/18/98, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p7
Reports on retail company AM/PM Mini Markets' launch of its new television advertising campaign in California.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;02/12/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the acquisition of Mexican higher education business and economics publisher ECAFSA by Thomson Learning.
- Myanmar: Arco pulling out. Tang, Peter // Offshore;Nov98, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p20
Reports that the PSC for Gulf of Martaban Block M-7 has been relinquished at the end of its initial two year exploration phase as part of Arco's withdrawal from Myanmar. Information on the decision to withdraw from Myanmar.
- ARCO to test smart cards. // National Petroleum News;Jul99, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p37
Features the ARCO smart-card payment system which offers the opportunity for customers to pay for their gasoline and streamline their purchasing and bookkeeping.
- Arco and Texaco to develop QHD 32-6. Tang, Peter // Offshore;Dec98, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the contract signed by Arco and Texaco. Terms of the deal; Information on the development of the Qinhuangdao Field in Bohai Gulf.