Pelosi uses meeting with economists to renew push for second stimulus
- Pelosi to Hold Forum on Stimulus Package. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;10/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32980, p4
The article reports on the forum called by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to launch the development of a second economic stimulus package wherein leading economists will participate. The economic recovery plan package is intended to create jobs and strengthen the economy. It will include...
- King, Pelosi share hospitals' concerns about cutting Medicare and Medicaid. // AHA News;5/15/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p2
Reports on statements made by Representative Peter King of New York and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California on the proposed rule on Medicaid and Medicare cuts, held during the American Hospital Association annual meeting's federal forum. Role of the U.S. Congress in the financial...
- Speaker Pelosi, 1; daytime talk show host, 0. // Hill;10/4/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 116, p12
The article reports that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi got the cheers from the audience in the U.S. Pelosi participated in the roundtable show of American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) with Elisabeth Hasselbeck and her answer earned the applause from the audience. When Hasselbeck noted that civilian death...
- House Democrats ponder second stimulus. Soraghan, Mike; Holzer, Jessica // Hill;3/6/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p3
The article reports that House Democratic leaders have been considering the idea of a second economic stimulus package in the U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi hosted an economic forum where in former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers urged lawmakers to consider public works spending. The...
- SPEAKER PELOSI'S BIRTHDAY: PART II. Rothstein, Betsy; Cusack, Bob; Kitto, Kris // Hill;4/3/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p28
The article reports that U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was greeted by his aides on her 68th birthday with a dessert while they were traveling on a plane from India back to the U.S.
- Pelosi looms over contest for top slot on Approps. Berman, Russell // Hill;3/20/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the possible success of Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi for the highest Democratic position on the U.S. House Appropriations Committee.
- With Sen. Clinton out of race, Speaker is Dems' leading lady. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;6/10/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 67, p1
The article features Representative Nancy Pelosi, Democratic's first female speaker.
- Top 10 Reasons to Fire Nancy Pelosi. // Human Events;3/29/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p16
A list of the top 10 reasons to dismiss U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi including her ignorance of the will of the citizens by passing the healthcare bill, her unawareness of the behavior of former Representative Eric Massa, and her failure to run the House in spirit of...
- PICTURE OF THE WEEK. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;2/9/2007, Vol. 85 Issue 18, p2
A photograph of U.S. Representative Nancy Pelosi taken during her swearing in as the first woman Speaker of the House in January 2007 is presented.