Effective Coaching in Action: Observations of Legendary Collegiate Basketball Coach Pat Summitt
Tags: SUMMITT, Pat Head, 1952-; COACHING (Athletics) -- Psychological aspects; COACHES (Athletics) -- Psychology; BASKETBALL -- Coaching -- Research; WOMEN basketball coaches; BASKETBALL teams -- Management
- SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR Mike Krzyzewski / SPORTSWOMAN OF THE YEAR Pat Summitt. Wolff, Alexander // Sports Illustrated;12/12/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 23, p50
The article focuses on college basketball coaches Mike Krzyzewski of Duke University and Pat Summitt, coach of the women's team at the University of Tennessee. The two coaches are named the publication's Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year award winners for 2011. It is noted that each coach...
- Summitt vs. Auriemma: NOT THIS YEAR. Kallam, Clay // Women's Basketball;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p29
The article announces that Pat Summitt will retire as coach of the women's basketball team at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
- Patterns of visual search in basketball coaches. An analysis on the level of performance. Sousa Damas, Rui; Pereira Ferreira, Antonio // Revista de PsicologÃa del Deporte;2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p199
The present study aimed to analyze sequences of visual basketball coaches with different levels of performance while viewing a set of formal 5x5 game. 8 subjects were analyzed and subdivided by different groups: a group of 4 superior performance coaches (Top) and 4 underperformed coaches...
- A Collector of Championships. // Sports Illustrated;4/17/2008 Commemorative, Vol. 108, p80
A photograph of University of Tennessee Lady Volunteers basketball coach Pat Summitt is presented.
- REMEMBER THE TENNESSEE TITAN. Anderson, Kelli // Sports Illustrated;4/30/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 18, p10
A caption is presented to a photograph of women's basketball coach Pat Summitt of the University of Tennessee.
- Coach Pat Summitt Diagnosed with Dementia. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Oct2011, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the announcement by the Tennessee women's basketball coach Pat Summitt regarding being diagnosed with early dementia at the age of 59.
- Pat Sumitt Resigns as Head Coach of Lady Vols. Wynn, Ron // Tennessee Tribune;4/26/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p6B
The article announces that Patt Summitt has resigned from the position of Tennessee's women's college basketball coach.
- INTERVENTION AND EVALUATION OF THE MOTIVATIONAL CLIMATE TRANSMITTED BY A BASKETBALL COACH. Conde, Cristina; Almagro, Bartolom� J.; S�enz-L�pez, Pedro; Castillo, Estefan�a // Revista de Psicologï¿½a del Deporte;2009 Supplement, Vol. 18, p357
Coaches are reference models for youth athletes and have a high degree of influence over them, and thus a suitable education is important. Therefore, the purpose of this study was to assess how a basketball coach progresses in the transmission of a task climate during his basketball training...
- ...And coaching sins. Horn, J.C. // Psychology Today;Oct88, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p18
Even coaches who know about the latest sports techniques are often reluctant to drop their old methods. Outlines six coaching sins: Breathing hard; Overcoaching; Punishment predilection; Tensing up; Playing not to lose.