Effective Coaching in Action: Observations of Legendary Collegiate Basketball Coach Pat Summitt
- Patterns of visual search in basketball coaches. An analysis on the level of performance. Sousa Damas, Rui; Pereira Ferreira, Antonio // Revista de PsicologÃa del Deporte;2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p199
The present study aimed to analyze sequences of visual basketball coaches with different levels of performance while viewing a set of formal 5x5 game. 8 subjects were analyzed and subdivided by different groups: a group of 4 superior performance coaches (Top) and 4 underperformed coaches...
- INTERVENTION AND EVALUATION OF THE MOTIVATIONAL CLIMATE TRANSMITTED BY A BASKETBALL COACH. Conde, Cristina; Almagro, Bartolom� J.; S�enz-L�pez, Pedro; Castillo, Estefan�a // Revista de Psicologï¿½a del Deporte;2009 Supplement, Vol. 18, p357
Coaches are reference models for youth athletes and have a high degree of influence over them, and thus a suitable education is important. Therefore, the purpose of this study was to assess how a basketball coach progresses in the transmission of a task climate during his basketball training...
- ...And coaching sins. Horn, J.C. // Psychology Today;Oct88, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p18
Even coaches who know about the latest sports techniques are often reluctant to drop their old methods. Outlines six coaching sins: Breathing hard; Overcoaching; Punishment predilection; Tensing up; Playing not to lose.
- Well-trained coaches reduce athlete attrition. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Jun1993, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p238
Focuses on the sports psychology workshop aimed to enhance coach-athlete interaction. Evaluation of Little League Baseball coaches who participated in the workshop.
- Burning the candle at both ends. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Mar1994, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p110
Focuses on the prevalence of burnout in the coaching ranks. Anxiety and frustration as roots; Feelings of incompetence and failure.
- The coaching model: A grounded assessment of expert gymnastic coaches' knowledge. Cote, Jean; Salmela, John // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Mar1995, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Studies the coaching domain by identifying the different variables that could affect high-performance coaches in their work. Provision of a grounded heuristic model of how coaches' knowledge is processed to solve problems and develop athletes; Conceptualization of expert gymnastic coaches'...
- Hey, coach! Levin, Meta // Career World;Sep93, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p31
Discusses basketball coaching as a profession. Job satisfaction in coaching; Mentor relationship with kids; Challenges in basketball coaching.
- Coaching preferences of high school girl volleyball players. Hastie, Peter A. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec93 Part 2, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p1309
Examines the preferred coaching style of players from similar cultural but different national settings. Differences based on nationality, age and sex of coach on positive feedback on Chelladurai and Saleh's leadership Scale for sports.
- Burned out coaches. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Jun1994, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p227
Summarizes the report `An Examination of Personal/Situational Variables, Stress Appraisal, and Burnout in Collegiate Teacher-Coaches,' by B.B. Kelley and D.L. Gill, featured in the `Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport,' volume 64, 1993. Smith's model of stress and burnout; Relation of...