Behavior Change Communication Program Cycle
- Working With the News Media. // Population Reports;Jan2008 Supplement, Issue 16, p6
The article presents a checklist which guides behavior change communication (BCC) program managers in working the news media to reach the public. The first step to take is to conduct a quick assessment. This includes monitoring of coverage and developing a media list. A second step is the...
- Brainy Elephants: One More Way They're as Smart as Humans. Greenwood, Veronique // Time.com;10/15/2013, p1
The article focuses on the intelligence of elephants compared to humans. Topics include the cognitive abilities of animals, the research completed on the emotional complexity of animals, and how a group of elephants in captivity proved that they could understand human pointing. Information is...
- Tools for Behavior Change Communication. // Population Reports;Jan2008 Supplement, Issue 16, p1
The article presents an introduction to the January 2008 issue of "INFO Reports" which focused on behavior change communication (BCC).
- Types of Evaluation: Purpose, Questions Answered, and Sample Indicators. // Population Reports;Jan2008 Supplement, Issue 16, p7
A table is presented which presents the different types of evaluation for a behavior change communication (BCC) program, including their purpose and sample indicators.
- Bibliography. // Population Reports;Jan2008 Supplement, Issue 16, p8
A list of articles related to behavior change communication (BCC) is presented, including "Making Health Communication Programs Work. A Planner's Guide," "A Manual on Communications for Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation" and "National Population Communication Strategy Workshop," by J....
- Stimulus relations in comparative primate perspective. Cerutti, Daniel T.; Rumbaugh, Duane M. // Psychological Record;Fall93, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p811
Documents a series of findings on stimulus relations among chimpanzees. Elements of equivalence in language processes; Discrimination learning among different species of primates; Equivalence between concepts, names and their referents; Emergence of symmetry.
- UNWILLINGNESS TO COMMUNICATE AND SATISFACTION IN ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS. Avtgis, Theodore A. // Psychological Reports;Aug2000, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p82
Investigates the relationship between unwillingness to communicate and varying dimensions of organized relationships. Findings on the analysis of interpersonal relationships within an organization; Hypotheses proposed; Need for the study of the role of communication skills in developing...
- Freudian slip. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p324
An encyclopedia entry for "Freudian slip" is presented. This psychological term pertains to a slip of the tongue or a minor error of action that could betray the real intention of a person's actuation or speech.
- Tip #12: When Words Don't Work, Use Your Actions. Weisinger, Hendrie // Power of Positive Criticism;1999, p53
A chapter from the book "The Power of Positive Criticism" is presented. It offers tips on communicating criticism in a behavioral manner when verbal criticism is ineffective. Also suggested are steps to devising behavioral intervention, including being consistent with such interventions. It...