FORCE for Nature
- THREE CHEERS for the CCC! Savedge, Jennifer // Cobblestone;Apr2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p2
Features the environmental protection programs initiated by the U.S. Civilian Conservation Corps.
- CREATING THE TREE ARMY. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Cobblestone;Apr2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p10
Deals with the creation of the U.S. Civilian Conservation Corps. INSET: WHO RAN the CCC?.
- Did You Know? // Cobblestone;Apr2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p24
Provides information on the structure and projects of the U.S. Civilian Conservation Corps.
- Closing the Camps. Wojahn, Rebecca Hogue // Cobblestone;Apr2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p30
Discusses the end of the operation of the U.S. Civilian Conservation Corps in 1942.
- A New Deal Body Politic. Maher, Neil M. // Environmental History;Jul2002, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p435
Illustrates how the work performed by more than three million young men who joined the Civilian Conservation Corps between 1933 and 1942 transformed both the bodies of the enrollees as well as the American landscape. Increase in public support for Franklin Roosevelt's efforts to expand the...
- WASHINGTON OUTLOOK. Gray, Gerry // American Forests;Winter2009, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p23
The article discusses expectations regarding the environmental conservation efforts of the administration of U.S. President-elect Barack Obama. Steven Chu, a Nobel laureate in physics and director of Lawrence Berkeley Laboratories, has been selected by President-Elect Obama for Secretary of...
- Will We Make the Same Mistakes Again? Titus, Harold // Saturday Evening Post;9/9/1944, Vol. 217 Issue 11, p19
Relates an experience on participating in the U.S. Civilian Conservation Corps (CCP) which aims to protect forest, fish, wildlife and state parks in the country. Approach used by the CCP to restore lakes and streams; Challenges faced by the CCP in its efforts to control mosquitoes; Partnership...
- "SUPER-SCENIC" PARKS, PEACE AND LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE'S NEW DEAL. Blanchfield, Caitlin // San Rocco;Winter2014, Issue 10, p120
The article focuses on architect A. W. Dorgan's visions for the parks, peace, and landscape architecture's New Deal in the U.S. Topics include the plan for the Civilian Conservation Corp. project, scheme for tourism, trade and environmental conservation, and design in urbanization of...
- Points of progress. Roewe, Brian // National Catholic Reporter;4/13/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 13, Special section p1a
The article focuses on the governmental projects and plans in regards with the environmental problems and issues faced by the U.S. government. It mentions that past leader President Teddy Roosevelt already established national parks and national forests for the sanitation in cities. It also says...