- Waterfowl season to open on a Saturday. // Ontario Out of Doors;Sep2001, Vol. 33 Issue 8, Hotline p6
Reports the opening of the waterfowl hunting season on the tenth and the fourth Saturday of September in Ontario. Request made by the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters to change waterfowl regulations; Decline of participating hunters; Attraction for more participants to conduct a...
- Rare Birds. Bourjaily, Philip // Field & Stream;Feb2002, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the license-sale of waterfowl hunters in Canada. Estimation survey on the decline of resident hunters; Implications on the decline of waterfowl hunters; Analysis of the nontoxic-shot regulations and restrictive gun laws.
- TOUGH DUCKS. Burch, Monte // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Fall2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on the frustration of hunters in water fowling across the U.S. in 2001. Need for constant scouting; Tactic that ducks use to avoid hunters; Advice on managing feeding fields; Tips on duck calling in water fowling.
- MORNING IN A DUCK BLIND. // Southern Sporting Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p44
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of hunting on the opening day of duck season.
- Guiding For Dixie Ducks. Bynum, Bill // NBS Nation's Best Sports Fish & Hunt;Fall2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p16
Presents information on waterfowl hunting. Changes in the traditional hunting techniques; Details of the hunting tactics and strategies of several hunters; Background on timber, cropland and splash hunting.
- A Waterfowl Shoot in the Mississippi Delta. Barnes, Duncan // Sports Illustrated;11/25/1968, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p46
The article discusses waterfowl hunting and shooting in the Mississippi Delta. Located at the southern part of Plaquemines Parish, Lousiana at the mouth of the Mississippi river, such Delta is known as one of the most productive waterfowl marsh in North America. It is estimated that about 75...
- Why won't My Shotgun Pattern? Robb, Bob // Waterfowl & Retriever;2008Southern Flyaway, p40
The article reports on the ability of a shotgun to throw a dense as a reason why waterfowl hunters cannot hit ducks and geese. It states that many hunters do not realize that all shotgun-and-load combinations are not created equal. It also discusses the importance of patterning. It adds that...
- Specialize for Specklebellies. Sutton, Keith // Outdoor Life;Sep2007, Vol. 214 Issue 8, pWB8
The article offers advice on how to hunt goose. According to the author, flocks are sometimes seen from Oklahoma to Alabama to Atlantic coastal states but the largest wintering flocks are found in the wetlands and agricultural fields of Louisiana, southeast Texas and southeast Arkansas. It...
- The Guide Survey. Bourjaily, Phil // Field & Stream;Dec2009, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p30
The article highlights the results of the survey which explores the observations by hunting guides on the hunting techniques of waterfowl hunters. The guides observed that hunters show up with excessive choke in their guns and better off shooting a wider pattern than a smaller one. They found...