Powertel Keeps It In-house
- Andrew equips Powertel with network accessories. // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p3
Focuses on Andrew Corp.'s plan to supply Powertel Inc. with its network accessories, including its Heliax coaxial cable and RingFlare connectors.
- Powertel low-end users push churn up the chart. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p28
Focuses on the Financial performance of Powertel Incorporated. Number of subscribers added during the 1997 third quarter; Percentage increase of the quarter; Comments from Allen Smith, Powertel's president and chief executive officer; Amount of net loss recorded for the third quarter.
- Powertel doubles PCS subscribers in 4Q; losses increase, too. // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p54
Presents information on the introduction of a personal communications service business by Powertel Incorporated, while highlighting the earnings generated by the company. Quotations of revenues generated by the service; Specializations of the company; Details on losses incurred by the company.
- Powertel doubles PCS customer base. // RCR;01/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p15
States that Powertel Incorporated doubled its personal communications services. Number of customers added; Percentage of the increase; Comments from Allen Smith, president and chief executive officer of Powertel; Other information.
- Powertel launches Huntsville market. // RCR;02/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p45
Reports that Powertel Incorporated, a personal communications services provider launched its Huntsville, Alabama market. Why the service was introduced in Huntsville; Comments from Allen Smith, president and chief executive officer of Powertel.
- Powertel offers $50 phones. // RCR;07/13/98, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p21
States that Powertel Incorporated is offering four digital handsets for $50 each, in a special promotion offer. Fee the company is waiving; Handsets which are on sale; Comments from Mike Bashaw, Powertel vice president of marketing.
- Powertel's PCS live in Savannah. // RCR;10/20/97, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p2
States that Powertel Incorporated has begun offering personal communications services in Savannah, Georgia. Information on the various areas where Powertel provides services; Details on future plans of Powertel.
- Powertel adds PCS in two more cities. // RCR;10/27/97, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p9
Announces the launching of personal communication service (PCS) by Powertel Incorporated in Augusta, Georgia and Aiken, South Carolina, which is based on the Mobile commuications technology. Amount of cites the company already provided PCS services to.
- Powertel extends exchange offer. // RCR;09/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p43
Reports that Powertel Incorporated offer to exchange all of its outstanding 11.125 senior notes due 2007 has been extended. When the exchange was expected to expire; Why the exchange was set; Corporate information on Powertel.