More Jetsons Than Nelsons
- Unlocking the Network's Potential. Ross, Jeffrey; Chow, Lee // America's Network;12/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 18, pS-28
Focuses on the Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) network management layer to element management layer (NML-EML) interface solution that could help telecommunication service providers achieve end-to-end network management. Network management challenges; What the NML-EML interface...
- Switched networks extend life of today's internetworks. Ford, Julie // Health Management Technology;Sep1996, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p45
Part I. Focuses on switch-based computer networks that improve the performance of internetworks. High-speed local area networks; Frame switching; Cell switching; Frame-to-cell switching; Asynchronous transfer mode virtual networking; Networking with asynchronous transfer modes; Local area...
- Industry leaders draft Web services standards. // Computer Bulletin;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p14
Reports that Web Services Interoperability Organization, a coalition of computer makers, has published draft standards for Web services.
- Peer-to-peer networking is poised to revolutionize the Internet once again. Dugan, Sean M. // InfoWorld;07/17/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p102
Reports on the frenzy over peer-to-peer networking. Technology called Infrasearch from Gonesilent; Possibility from digital exchanges; Problems with peer-to-peer networking.
- Startups capture new VPN turf. Shafer, Scott Tyler // InfoWorld;3/11/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on appliances that offer application-specific access to the corporate network via the Internet.
- Gigabit Ethernet interoperability put to the test. Hohman, Robin Schreier // Network World;12/22/97, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p13
Reports on the testing of interoperability among Gigabit Ethernet products. Findings of the test; Significance of the test; Products tested; Details on the companies involved in the testing.
- Connect with Fleck. Fleck, Ken // Electronic News;10/09/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 41, p70
Predicts the push in home networks in the United States by 2003. Five major proponents of home networking standards; Technologies that are expected to be used in homes in the future; Why wireless technology will be the leading networking approach by 2003.
- Forty Gig--We Need It Now. Zoccolillo, Rich // Inter@ctive Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p124
Focuses on the 40 gigabits per second (Gbps) needed in telecommunication networks. 40-Gbps products that will soon be available; Two primary applications for 40-Gbps transmission; Projected market for 40-Gbps nodes by 2005.
- Data net. Bournellis, Cynthia; Cohen, Sarah // Electronic News;04/07/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2162, p56
Reports on developments in computer networking in the United States as of April 7, 1997. Includes the opening of Ipsilon Networks Inc.'s first international subsidiary called Ipsilon Networks KK in Tokyo, Japan; Memorandum of understanding signed by carriers to build the first fiberoptic...