Vendors: Fulfillment Or Bust
- Brightpoint to fly solo in India. King, Mason; Ellison, Evelyn; Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/16/98, Vol. 18 Issue 53, p4
Reports that Brightpoint Inc. has cancelled joint venture negotiations with CellStar Corp. to provide wireless communications products in India. Failure to negotiate an agreement within the time frame set by the letter of intent; Entry into the India market without a partner; Likelihood that...
- Brightpoint to partner with rival. Pletz, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/26/98, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p3
Reports that Brightpoint Inc. has chosen its competitor CellStar Corp. as its partner for a venture to distribute wireless telephones in India. Signing of a letter of intent to pursue a venture; Competition in foreign markets; Opportunities in India; Mutual benefits of partnership.
- Deals give Brightpoint world lead in wireless logistics. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on the acquisitions deals of Brightpoint Inc., a cell phone distributor based in Plainfield, Indiana. Brightpoint has acquired the United States and Latin American operations of CellStar Corp. for $62.4 million. It has also acquired Dangaard Telecom, its European rival. The...
- Distribution's Evolution. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p18
Discusses the efforts of traditional wireless communication distributors to keep up with the evolving U.S. wireless distribution business. Expansion of Brightpoint into the master agent business; Reverse logistic solutions of Cellstar; Development of non-traditional distribution channels for...
- CTIA News. // RCR Wireless News;3/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p24
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of March 21, 2005. Launch of the Advanced Wireless Services by Brightpoint Inc.; Partnership of CellStar and Sybase for mobile data improvements; Use of Actix software to optimize the design and operation of code division multiple...
- FYI. // Wireless Week;7/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p23
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry as of July 2004. Launch of the Nextel FanScan In-Car Audio by Nextel Communications; Information on Mobile Web 2.0 introduced by Verizon Wireless; Distribution of Sierra Wireless' Voq smartphone by Brightpoint and CellStar in North...
- CellStar repositions to boost sales, profits. // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p43
Reports on Carrollton, Texas-based wireless communication firm CellStar Corp.'s plan to focus on wireless carriers and manufacturers. Company's effort to increase sales and profits; Financial performance for the fourth quarter of its fiscal year 1998.
- CellStar closes sale of Polish subsidiary. // RCR;08/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p46
Reports on value-added wireless logistics provider CellStar Corp.'s completion of the sale of its Poland-based subsidiary to Phone House Polska.
- Breaking News. // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p3
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry in the United States as of December 20, 1999. Supply deal between Hyundai Electronics and AirTouch Cellular; Acquisition agreement between FocusWireless.com and SourceWireless.com; Online service offered by MobilePlanet; Customer...