Creating The Future Internet
- Next-Gen Net: Not Just Bandwidth. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p94
Unveils the prediction of Rich Wall, program director of Internet technologies at IBM Corp., about the next generation of the Internet. Amount donated by IBM Corp. to next generation network initiatives; What could move the Internet closer to realizing its potential as the communications medium...
- IBM navigates the Net. Cimino, Daniela; Frye, Colleen // Software Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the International Business Machines Corporation's (IBM's) continuing efforts to introduce the OS as an Internet platform. Joint agreement between IBM and Netscape Communications Corporation; Comments from Wally Casey, vice president of client product management for IBM's Personal...
- Broadband access only. Moch, Chrissy // Telephony;03/20/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 12, p28
Provides information on a broadband Internet appliance unveiled by IBM in March 2000. Features of the appliance; Internet appliance-related deals of IBM; Importance of the appliance for Internet service providers. INSET: Video streams to hand-held devices.
- New Internet division on IBM's reorganization plate. Foley, Mary Jo; Dodge, John // PC Week;11/20/95, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p15
Reports on the plan of International Business Machines Corp. to form a new division dedicated to producing Internet products. Profit-and-loss responsibility on brand management; Work done by consultant John Landry; Anticipation from users.
- Big Blue surfs the Net. // Telephony;6/26/95, Vol. 228 Issue 26, p15
Reports on Internet accessing products introduced by International Business Machines Corp.
- IBM introduces Internet connections. Fassett, Anne M. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep95, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p26
Reports that International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) has announced the availability of its IBM Internet Connection family of products to provide its customers with secure connections to the Internet. Product features.
- Pervasive Internet Means Pervasive Commerce. Prial, Jonathan // Adweek New England Edition;10/02/2000, Vol. 37 Issue 40, pIQ34
Focuses on the help offered by IBM Corp. on people to cope with the evolution of the Internet. Technologies which influence the shift of conducting business; Benefit offered by location-based services.
- Internet strategy embraces users' existing platforms. Quinlan, Tom // InfoWorld;2/26/96, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p37
Reports on International Business Machines Corporation's multiplatform server announcements, which are centered on ways to integrate company's product line, into the Internet. Comments from Nicholas Donofrio, senior vice president of large systems for IBM.
- Internet line runs gamut. Knowles, Anne // PC Week;6/19/95, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p10
Reports on International Business Machines Corp.'s (IBM) unveiling of its Internet Connector Family of products and services. Gateway linking legacy systems and World-Wide Web servers as the products; IBM's plan to distinguish its products from similar competitors.