Of Gods And Monsters: The German 3G Blues
- France a l'Orange: Bon Appetit! Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p18
Highlights the acquisition of Orange PLC by France Telecom. Competition posed by the Orange-France Telecom merger to Vodafone AirTouch; Information on telecommunication mergers in Europe.
- Orange looks on the bright side. Secker, Matthew // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the impact of the acquisition of Orange PLC by France Telecom on future stability in the telecommunication industry in Europe. Optimism of chief executive officer Jean Franï¿½ois Pontal over market competition; Provision of contract deals with manufacturers; Quality of service.
- Oceans of Debt. McCrary, Ernest S. // Global Finance;Jul2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p45
Deals with the financial move of several companies in Europe in acquiring licenses for 3G or third-generation mobile telecommunications systems. Actions taken by the government of Great Britain; Relationship between license fees and build-out investments; Details on the merger between France...
- Future looks bright for Orange. Parkes, Sarah // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p2
Presents information on the British telecommunication company Orange. Significance of the acquisition of the company by France T Ã© l Ã© com; Third-generation wireless technology licenses of the company; Marketing strategy used by the company to compete against Vodafone and BT Cellnet.
- France Telecom peels off Orange. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;06/05/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 23, p12
Deals with the decision of Vodafone AirTouch to sell wireless communications company Orange to France Telecom. Cost of the acquisition; Role of the sale in Vodafone's purchase of universal mobile telecommunications system; Plans of France Telecom to enter the United States market; Percentage of...
- Orange customers more profitable. // Utility Week;11/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the profits of mobile operator Orange in the third quarter of 2002. Average revenue per subscriber; Comparison with year earlier results; Revenues of parent company France Telecom.
- Orange posts its first profit for three years. Sastri, Sumi // Utility Week;3/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the profit posted by mobile telecommunications operator Orange in 2001. Factors that led to the profit growth; Percentage of ownership held by France Telecom in Orange.
- Telecoms takes centre stage. Dooley, Trevor // Utility Week;9/12/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p10
Provides an update on the stock performance of the telecommunication and energy sectors in Great Britain as of September 12, 2003. Percentage of shares that France Telecom will buy from mobile operator Orange; Stock prices of MMO2, Vodafone and Orange; Reason for the increasing stock value of...
- Orange Becomes Plum Target. Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;05/01/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the interest of telecommunication firms in acquiring Orange PLC.