FCC Grants ArrayComm's Wish
- Portable broadband on trial. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the trial use of portable broadband i-Burst technology by ArrayComm Inc. in Sydney, New South Wales. Provision of spectrally efficient wide-area broadband signal; Alternative to fixed-line broadband; Application of software and traffic management algorithms.
- ArrayComm secures investment from Sony. Smith, Hilary // RCR;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p4
Reports that ArrayComm Inc. has secured 15 million dollars in funding to help accelerate the deployment of its i-Burst broadband technology. Amount invested by Sony Corp. of America in the company; Features and capabilities of i-Burst; Plans for a more widespread deployment of the technology in...
- i-burst ready to burst out. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p24
Reports that ArrayComm Inc. is expected to announce the commercial availability of its i-Burst mobile broadband wireless system. Demonstrated that have been conducted by the company for i-Burst; Comparison of the i-Burst with code division multiple access 2000 1XRTT; Telecommunication companies...
- 39 GHz: No Place For New Kids. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p20
Deals with the United States Federal Communications Commission's 39 Gigahertz (GHz) frequency band auction which opens on the second week of April 2000. Broadband services for the 39 GHz frequency; Telecommunication companies which are expected to participate in the auction; Geographic area...
- FCC begins broadband inquiry. // Mobile Radio Technology;May2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p50
Reports on the issuance of a Notice of Inquiry seeking comment on using electrical power lines to provide Internet and broadband services to homes and offices by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Types of broadband over power line addressed in the inquiry; Additional means for...
- Public Proposals Included in National Broadband Plan. // District Administration;May2010, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the incorporation of recommendations into the National Broadband Plan issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the use of broadband technology in schools.
- Financing and bidding advantages offered in FCC PCS auctions. Crowe, Thomas K. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec94, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the proposed financing and bidding measures by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Schedule of broadband personal communications (PCS) auctions; FCC's entrepreneur preference plan; Importance of entrepreneur qualifying bids; General installment payments; Availability of tax...
- FCC to give broadband another failing grade. Jerome, Sara // Hill;4/20/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 54, p10
The article reports on the expectation for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reveal that broadband providers are not deploying services in a reasonable and timely way in the U.S.
- Broadband speeds mostly as advertised. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;8/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 116, p13
The article mentions the report unveiled by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which revealed that most major broadband firms in the country provide access that is 80 to 90 percent of advertised speeds or better.