Zeglis Ponders Privacy...And Legos?
- AT&T mulls franchising agreements. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;09/22/97, Vol. 4 Issue 32, p10
Alleges that vice chairman John Zeglis of American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) Corporation is reportedly trying to push the idea of allowing local and wireless network operators to market services under the AT&T name. Address of company's brand name; Why the company has decided to work with...
- Strong team or weak link? Davis, Stephania H. // Telephony;10/27/97, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the appointment of C. Michael Armstrong as chairman and chief executive officer and John D. Zeglis as vice chairman and president of AT&T Corp. Career history of Zeglis; Question on the partnership between Armstrong and Zeglis.
- Managing Knowledge With Communications Systems. Zeglis, John // Executive Speeches;Apr/May99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p24
Presents the text of a speech given by John Zeglis, president of AT&T, on October 18, 1998 which deals with the subject of knowledge management with communications systems.
- Cable newcomers: Armstrong, Zeglis. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/29/98, Vol. 128 Issue 27, p17
Features AT&T Chairman and Chief Executive Officer C. Michael Armstrong and AT&T President John Zeglis. Gains received by Armstrong from enticing AT&T employees through a retirement incentive; Positions held by Armstrong before joining AT&T; Positions held by Zeglis prior to becoming AT&T...
- And Now For AT&T's Next Act. DE LLOSA, PATTY // Fortune;11/24/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p114
Presents information on the new management team at AT&T, Corp. led by President John Zeglis and Chief Executive Officer C. Michael Armstrong. Ways in which Armstrong succeeded Bob Allen; Career background of Armstrong's; Information on the possibility of AT&T selling off some units.
- Zeglis in wings should AT&T chief take the fall. McDonald, Michael // Crain's New York Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p66
Speculates on the possible appointment of John Zeglis as chief executive officer of AT&T Corp. in the United States. Company chief executive C. Michael Armstrong's plan to split the firm into four pieces; Decline of share prices; Zeglis' management of a fast-growing division at the firm.
- IPO point man. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;02/28/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 9, p34
Investigates the wireless business of AT&T. Plan of AT&T to create a new tracking stock for Wireless Group and execute an initial public offering in 2000; Remarks from John Zeglis, former president of AT&T; Prediction on the impact of the tracking stock on AT&T Wireless; Factors that...
- Withering on the vine. Lannon, Larry // Telephony;07/28/97, Vol. 233 Issue 4, p72
Comments on the resignation of John Walter as president and chief operating officer of AT&T Corp. in July 1997. Merger talks between AT&T and SBC; Criticisms to Chairman Bob Allen and the company's board of directors; John Zeglis as a replacement for Walter.
- Stumbling giant. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;10/12/98, Vol. 235 Issue 15, p40
Focuses on AT&T-related issues discussed during the Telecosm conference, an annual event co-sponsored by Forbes magazine and the Gilder Institute. Participation of disgruntled former AT&T management in the panel discussion; Company's lack of vision and innovation; Success of AT&T's wireless...